With Two factor authentication, you can protect your TeamViewer account and thus your Computers & Contacts list from unauthorized access with an additional security code.
Activate Two factor authentication as described below 👇
This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users.
Activate Two factor authentication
- Log in with your TeamViewer account at login.teamviewer.com.
- Click Edit profile under your profile name (upper right corner).
- Go to Security in the left menu
- Click the Activate link under Two factor authentication and follow the onscreen instructions.
Recap of the Video:
- Log in to the Management Console with your TeamViewer account
- Go to the top right, select your profile and click on Edit profile
- Now select Security and click Activate Two factor authentication.
- Click Continue
- Open your authentication app on your device and follow the steps shown in the Management Console
- Scan QR code
- Download, print or copy the recovery code and store it in a safe place before activating two factor authentication (Very important!)
- Enter the security code shown in the authentication app on your device
- Click Activate
- Click Finish