The article applies to all users on all licenses.
This guide will walk you through how to install TeamViewer on a computer running macOS.
Get TeamViewer from the website
To use the full potential of TeamViewer, we recommend downloading the TeamViewer full version from our website.
- Go to https://www.teamviewer.com (1).
- Click the Download button (2).
- Open the Disk Image (DMG) TeamViewer.dmg.
- Double-click Install TeamViewer and follow the instructions.
Install TeamViewer on your device
After downloading TeamViewer, you can start the setup wizard.
1) Run the setup file you have downloaded previously.
2) Select Continue in the Install TeamViewer window.
3) For the Software License Agreement, click Continue (1) - you will then need to Agree to the terms of the software license agreement to proceed (2)
4) For installation type, TeamViewer will automatically install on the disk "Macintosh HD". Click Install to proceed.
Enter the Computer's Admin credentials in order to commence the installation.
5) Once completed, a new Initial Setup window will appear and will ask you how you want to use TeamViewer:
Choose how you want to use TeamViewer and click Continue, then click Finish.
📌Note: The Installation window may ask if you want to move the TeamViewer Installer to the Trash. This does not affect the installation of TeamViewer, but rather moves the TeamViewer.dmg file to the Trash automatically.
Configure Initial Setup
Once you have closed the Install TeamViewer window, you can begin setting up TeamViewer for your Unattended Access. Click Continue to begin.
📌Note: The Initial Setup assistant for Unattended Access is only available for the Host client. You can skip it at any point and setup Unattended Access in the TeamViewer preferences.
On the next screen, create a Personal Password for unattended access. To skip, click Skip on the second screen.
Once saved, you are done with the Initial Setup! Click Finish to close the assistant. After the installation, the TeamViewer main window will open automatically. To access the device quickly, it is recommended to add it to your list of computers and contacts.
For devices running MacOS Mojave or later
After installation, you will need to configure the device for remote access. More information can be found here: