This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
In this video tutorial, you learn how to configure Two-Factor Authentication through the TeamViewer Management Console.
Two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account provides an extra layer of protection to secure your TeamViewer account from unauthorized access. In addition to your password, a second factor (security code) is needed to log in to your TeamViewer account. TeamViewer recommends activating two-factor authentication on all accounts.
Recap of the steps shown in the video:
1. Using Two-Factor Authentication for your TeamViewer account requires an application to be downloaded on your device (List of supported authenticator apps)
2. Log in to the Management Console with your TeamViewer account
3. Go to the top right and select your profile and click on Edit profile
4. A PopUp window opens. Click on Activate in the line, where Two-Factor Authentication is stated
5. Click Start activation
6. Open your authenticator app on your device and follow the steps shown in the Management Console
- Scan QR code
- Download, print or copy the recovery code and store it in a safe place before activating two-factor authentication (Very important!)
- Enter the security code shown in the authenticator app on your device
- Click Activate
7. That´s it.
By following the links below you will find further information on the subject:
- Activation/deactivation of the two-factor authentication:
- Troubleshooting and Apps: