This article applies to TeamViewer users using the QuickSupport App to control Android devices running Android 7 or newer remotely.
To control an Android device remotely, you need
- the TeamViewer QuickSupport App and
- a dedicated add-on for each device/manufacturer installed on the Android device.
To control Android devices remotely that do not have such an add-on, you can use the Universal add-on, that has been created to cover all devices with no dedicated add-on.
📌Note: The Universal add-on is only available for devices running the TeamViewer QuickSupport App and Android 7 (or newer). The Universal Add-on is not available for the TeamViewer Host.
Learn more here:
Get started with the Universal Add-On
Some Android devices show the message This device supports screen sharing only.
This is because not all Android devices manufacturers are/ were compatible with our remote control solution, as a tailor-made add-on is required for each device/manufacturer. You will find additional information regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices
In case there is an add-on available for the Android device you want to control remotely using the QuickSupport, the device will ask you to download the add-on, which will allow you to remote control the device.
The Universal add-on has been created to cover the devices that have no dedicated add-on in terms of remote control compatibility and to allow you to remotely control these devices.
How to download and install the Universal Add-On
To activate the Universal add-on on your device please follow these steps:
- Download the TeamViewer QuickSupport from the Play Store or the directly TeamViewer QuickSupport (APK Download) from our website on the Android device you want to control remotely
- Launch the QuickSupport
- If your device has no dedicated add-on and the Universal add-on is needed, the smartphone will prompt you to download the Universal add-on. Please click Download
- Now, you will be prompted to install the Universal add-on. Please click Enable
- Once you have installed the add-on please go to the Accessibility menu of your Android device and enable the Universal add-on Accessibility Service
You have now downloaded and installed the Universal add-on on your Android device.