This article applies to all TeamViewer Meeting users and customers.
You can enable the TeamViewer Meeting Office Integration to make using TeamViewer Meeting even more convenient when using Microsoft Office.
The following features are available for this:
- Presence Status
- Starting Meetings in Office
- Scheduling Meetings in Outlook
Installing the TeamViewer Meeting Office Integration
You can install the Office Integration via your TeamViewer Meeting menu within the TeamViewer Meeting software.
📌Note: The Office integration does not take effect until you have installed the
feature via the TeamViewer Meeting menu.
1) Navigate to the TeamViewer Meeting menu by clicking the gear wheel icon--> Install Office Integration
2) Follow the instructions.
- It is possible that you will be prompted for an admin password to start the installation.
3) Please restart TeamViewer Meeting and your Microsoft Office programs as soon as you are prompted to do so
In all areas where MS Office shows the name of a contact saved within your TeamViewer Meeting contacts – especially in Outlook – the TeamViewer Meeting presence status will be displayed.
The following presence statuses are available:
- Online (= green circle)
- Invisible (= grey circle)
- Busy (= red circle)
- Away (= yellow circle)
You can choose your own presence status on the tab with your user name:
💡Hint: If you do not see the Presence Status even after installing the Office Integration, please install the Microsoft Office presence integration via the TeamViewer Meeting options.
For this, navigate to the TeamViewer Meeting options by clicking the gear wheel icon --> Options --> Integrations --> under Microsoft Office presence integration --> choose Install
In addition, presence statuses also appear in Microsoft Office when integration is enabled. They are represented by a colored dot or bar next to the names.
Starting Chats in Outlook
You can start a chat directly with a contact wherever the presence status appears by clicking on the speech bubble icon that appears on the PopUp when hovering over the name of your contact.
The TeamViewer Meeting software opens and allows you to send a direct chat message to your partner.
Starting Meetings in Outlook
You can start a meeting directly with a contact wherever the presence status appears.
Start a meeting or call by clicking on the three dots that appears on the PopUp when hovering over the name of your contact --> Call email-address
The TeamViewer Meeting software sends a meeting request to your partner and s/he gets a prompt to join the meeting on his/her screen.
Scheduling Meetings in Outlook
You can schedule TeamViewer Meetings directly within Outlook and send invitations to the participants
1) Open Outlook
2) Click New Meeting for TeamViewer Meeting
3) A new meeting invite will open. If desired, you can customize the text and other information.
4) Enter the email address of the participants.
5) Click Send.
A meeting appointment will be created in Outlook and a scheduled meeting will be created in TeamViewer Meeting, which will appear on the Scheduler tab.
- If you edit or delete the meeting within Outlook, the Scheduler will be updated accordingly.
- If you edit or delete the meeting within TeamViewer Meeting, you need to update Outlook separately.
Managing the Office Integration
Office integration is active after it has been installed. However, you can disable or completely uninstall it.
Navigate to the TeamViewer Meeting options by clicking on the gear wheel icon --> Options --> Integrations.
Here you can configure the settings as desired.
📌Note: If you are not logged on as an administrator on your device, you must enter the administrator password when you change a setting.