Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

2FA Lockouts and Improvements.

Lately there have been what seems to be an inrush of free customers locking themselves out of their accounts by turning on 2FA. Is there anyway that you could add a feature to the 2FA system that would allow users to recover their account from devices already authorized.

IE I have a Laptop, iPhone and iPad

The iPhone has my authenticator App

I loose or break my iPhone

When I log in I say I can't enter my 2FA code and it give me an option to send a code or recovery to another device logged into my account.

Alternatively it would be cool if you could just do what iOS already does which is when using 2FA you authorize from any of the already approved devices and all of them get notifications on their screens.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Management
Senior Management
Solution

Re: 2FA Lockouts and Improvements.

Hello @bartlanz,

The problem is that these are not authorized devices. 2FA is a one-time login token tied to your account and not to any device.

We know that some private users have a problem with that as they do not have access to the recovery code, so changing this option is currently a feature request, I will forward this internally to our product management.

Best,

Eduardo

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Management
Senior Management
Solution

Re: 2FA Lockouts and Improvements.

Hello @bartlanz,

The problem is that these are not authorized devices. 2FA is a one-time login token tied to your account and not to any device.

We know that some private users have a problem with that as they do not have access to the recovery code, so changing this option is currently a feature request, I will forward this internally to our product management.

Best,

Eduardo