Easy Access Requesting Password

Hi there

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here but since the most recent host installations and and additions of TeamViewer 13 including 13.2 the Easy Access feature now requires a password for unattended access of clients.  What's odd is that the box is ticked under each host and access granted to myself and other admins.

Is there something else besides the --grant-easy-access switch that needs to be implemented during the install or could there be some form of corruption somewhere?

My installation parameters are as follows:
msiexec /qr /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /L*E C:\TVlogfile.log /norestart CUSTOMCONFIGID=******* APITOKEN=********** ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --reassign"

A number of the hosts I support are in far to reach places so user intervention really isn't ideal.

Additionally the options --wait "10" and --alias "${COMPUTERNAME}" do not appear to be accepted.

Any help woild be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hi RCT

Thank you for responding to my query, this does answer a number of my concerns and I will certainly give your suggestions a go.  The way we've deployed TV in the past would allow for new clients to be created and the Computer Host name placed within the Unassigned directory.  We'd then manually add the username to the host by hand.  If the client computer was reimaged with the same hostname TV would retain the hostname and username with requireing further action. This does seem to be working again now so fingers crossed.  Just following your example could I use the following instead? 

--alias “ %COMPUTERNAME% (Insert UserN)”

Many Thanks

Seahorse

• Thank you for your continued advice.

Indeed, your observation is correct it should be Seahorse but I appear to have missed a character. **SIGH**

I believe I'm there with the ALIAS now thank you, however as I touched on before how do you find reinstalling TV on an existing client? Is TV Console intligent enough to recognise that the host is prexisting and simply retain its ALIAS and Group Settings? It seems to work but on occasion we have observed duplicates.  I've removed the --reassign flag from the install.

Many Thanks

Seahorse

• Hi RCT

That is some script you have there, thank you for sharing.
    I may well adapt it for our needs.

Interstingly each of my scripts is now failing to apply licensing information since the last 2 updates of TV.

In terms of deploying TV on mass do you use this script at startup or an adapted version or do you simply rely on manual installation ad-hoc?

We were hoping to roll out something like this to clear previous versions as start and install the new one.  This of course would be messy as it would create a bunch of hosts by hostname only without any independant group assignments.

To be quite frank I'm mythed at how complicated it is to roll this product out in a corporate environment.

Thanks

Seahorse

• Hi @RCT_IT 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
    I've had quite a full on couple of months myself.

I see you haven't had any responses for your API / PowerShell script post as yet which is a shame.  However I wondered whether you'd made any progress off your own back thus far?

I'm still plodding along with the original Easy Access issue myself but note that any new group I create does not present this issue, whereas existing groups do regardless of whether I remove the shared users and re add them.  It is unfortunate that TV don't see something such as this as a priority when it inconveniences their primary user base.

Nevertheless we work around it by requesting access etc.

Thanks

Seahorse

• jpwgc
    jpwgc Posts: 1

@RCT_IT Thanks for sharing the helpful script. I wanted to point out that it contains an API key. Not sure if it's legit or not, but worth mentioning.

Is there a way to programatically check the "Grant Easy Access" box without using the .msi installer (aka no API token)? Via a reg key for example? I've tried the grant-easy-access switch with teamviewer.exe, but it doesn't appear to work. The account is already assigned in my case. 

• kmorrissey
    kmorrissey Posts: 2

Very nice. We're still on 12, other than some obvious small tweaks I'll have to make any particular tweaks you can recall as far as 12 goes?

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 44 ✭✭

The problem still persists with version 15.4. @RCT_IT , did you hear anything back from TeamViewer? If not, can you give me your ticket number, so I can reference your ticket in the one I'm going to open :-)

• Benny_Ben
    Benny_Ben Posts: 1

We too experience the same issue with the Grant easy access. I was sure it was because of a Windows 10 major update

• Michaelvds
    Michaelvds Posts: 5 ✭✭

We too experience the same issue with Grant easy access.

What is the best way to fix this?

• krzychor
    krzychor Posts: 1

Same problem here :(

• crweeks
    crweeks Posts: 1

I am also dealing with this issue, on an unknown number of our devices. Some connect with a double-click, some prompt for a password. I believe it began with a new version update, but I'm unsure if the update or my update method caused the issue for me. I do not see @RCT_IT comments above, can someone else share their script here?