Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Highlighted
Posted by LincolnAEL
Henagon

Batch file not working

Hi, I created a batch file which seemed to worked fine yesterday, but today it isn´t. This is the script msiexec.exe /i "\\server\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXXXX APITOKEN=XXXXXXX DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 IMPORTREGFILE=1 Thanks
3 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Batch file not working

Hello LincolnAEL,

No problem, I'm happy to assist!!! The "%computername%" is the variable to grab the computer name of the machine and add it to the computers and contacts in TeamViewer. 

The way I posted the code for you, will achieve what you want, which is to add the machine with their computer name to the contacts list.

Thank you!!!

3 Replies
TeamViewer Staff

Hello LincolnAEL,

Please try the example below for your batch script:

REM			INSTALLMSI
start /wait msiexec.exe /i \\XXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXX\TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn customconfigid=xxxxxx apitoken=xxxxxx importregfile=1 desktopshortcuts=0 assignmentoptions="--alias %computername%"

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions! 

Posted by LincolnAEL
Henagon

Thank you very much W_deFazio. Just one question. Do I have to add --alias %computername%"? In that case, shall I select the computer name? as I don´t want to set names, just use each computer name.
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hello LincolnAEL,

No problem, I'm happy to assist!!! The "%computername%" is the variable to grab the computer name of the machine and add it to the computers and contacts in TeamViewer. 

The way I posted the code for you, will achieve what you want, which is to add the machine with their computer name to the contacts list.

Thank you!!!