Announcements

QuickSupport - Google Play
Currently, we are aware that our QuickSupport application may no longer be found in the Google Play Store.
We are investigating this and will update with more information once available.

The QuickSupport app download is still available on our download page.

Posted by MarkVergara
Photon

How to Install TeamViewer on Mac?

We have a couple Mac computers in our corporate environment and have not yet installed TeamViewer on them. I have an appointment tomorrow with 2 of the people who have Macs and am wondering how I am going to get TeamViewer insatlled and running on their computers.

I am presuming that the install executables we use for the Windows computers will certainly not work for the Macs. So, how do i go about getting a Mac install file?

I have scoured the TeamViewer site and management console for any hint of how to buildout the executable installation file but have found nothing. Any insight?

4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to Install TeamViewer on Mac?

Hi @MarkVergara

Thanks for your post.

If you would like to install TeamViewer on the Mac, you can find the right download packages here: Download TeamViewer for Mac

On this page you´ll find the TeamViewer full version as well as the Host module and the QuickSupport and QuickJoin module.

If you wonder which module fits best for your needs, you can have a look into this article in which we explained the different module: TeamViewer modules

I hope this helps you.

All the best, Esther

Posted by MarkVergara
Photon

I didn't quite clarify the issue so my apologies. The issue is we have a corporate account and I need to get our installer setup unattended access for 2 Mac computers. I am meeting remotley with the 2 users tomorrow and will have to either push the installer out to them using another tool (LogMeIn) or hopefully be able to download an unattended access installer for Mac.

Since I do not have a Mac computer to do any testing I cannot verify anything until I work the users tomorrow. I am guessing the option provided is not what I need. Is this correct?

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @MarkVergara,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Maybe this article helps you, if you are ok with deploying the TeamViewer Host: Script based Host deployment on macOS

I need to update the article because it says TeamViewer 12, but it is also valid for TeamViewer 13.

Hope this helps you,

Esther

Posted by MarkVergara
Photon

Thanks for the scripting which looks like it would work; however I assume I do not have sufficient privileges to be able to get to the following:

link-to-your-custom-host-module
link-to-the-assignment-tool
API-token-of-your-host-module

I have scoured my entire Tean Viewer managment console and it would seem I should be able to find those in the "Design & Deploy" area of it. I am met with an "Insufficient permissions" message when attemopting to access that area.

I suppose this will have to be escalated to our IT Director as I believe he is the only one with such permissions