How to retrieve API token after a custom host is created

Hello,

I created a custom host and allowed account assigment via the Assignment tool. This shows the API token once. I was wondering if there's a way to show the API token once you've enabled it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• christian-j
    christian-j Posts: 54 Staff member 🤠

Hi Michaelvds,

on the device itself it's not possibility to see / get the API token, which was used for the installation / assignment.

Within the Management Console you could get it, if the custom module still exists.

Team Lead Product Development (Enterprise)

Did my reply answer your question? To help others, please accept it as solution. Thanks!
  • Michaelvds
    Michaelvds Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Could you tell me how please because I can’t find it in the management console either?
  • Michaelvds
    Michaelvds Posts: 5 ✭✭

Your remark was the key, thanks a lot! :)

• cloudviewer
    cloudviewer Posts: 5 ✭✭

Posting my solution in case someone else finds this thread waaay later as I did hunting for the answer and can't seem to get the custom module settings right to reveal the api key since the interface has changed a little. Create a custom .msi with these settings. Note that feeding a .tvopts file into the mass installer will not work for applying personal password and easy access due to .tvopts file having machine specific settings for those, so this is probably the only way to do the account assignment. I have provided a command to use below: upon saving your custom module as I have pictured, and then coming back to the one you saved, your api key will be visible, and the config id will too (the config id is also the same as the last part of the shareable link, if the text for the config id is not showing).

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=$CONFIGID APITOKEN=$YOURTOKEN ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access"

• SupportP1
    SupportP1 Posts: 4 ✭✭

CAn I use the host token ID to connect to my clients?

01101 Posts: 2 ✭✭

TV's documentation is THE WORST on this planet...