Overlapping Start and Stop times in connection report

Trying to solve an age old problem for me and time billing for my company. I have TV Corporate, I will have 5 computers I work on at once. I don't want to bill the client for say, 5 connections for 1 hour, the automated calculation = 5x $100 = $500. I need it to be just 1 hour 1x $100 = $100.

I can't find any api, excel calculation etc. that will "deal" with the overlapping time. Teamviewer support offered no suggestions or help.

I'm not an excel wiz and I can't program python and API's to help deal with this.

Any suggestions or help would be fantastic!

Comments

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

@lightningrunner wrote:

Trying to solve an age old problem for me and time billing for my company. I have TV Corporate, I will have 5 computers I work on at once. I don't want to bill the client for say, 5 connections for 1 hour, the automated calculation = 5x $100 = $500. I need it to be just 1 hour 1x $100 = $100. 

I have very similar problem.
    My accounting is not 1Hour/Each connection.
    I'm accounting all connection per day.

For example:
    Client call a service (to us ) and we need to connect to 5 devices to solve the problem. Next after few hour (in the same working day) we connect to this computers to check if all is ok.
    All my things to do on each devices takes me less than 3 minutes.
    But using multiple tabs and multpile monitors, I'm able to solve the problem on this 5 devices in less than 10 minutes.

We are connectiong to again at the end of work to recheck setting after user ends his work and was able to restart devices.

So we are spending 20 minutes for servicing clients, but TeamViewer is accounting it as 10 connections so there is 10* $$$ fee.

Of course, for this case ideal is TeamViewerAPI .

Look in my  AutoIt UDF for TeamViewer API which I'm creating and sharing to AutoIt community.

I would love to see you in AutoIt community as well as here.

Regards,
    mLipok

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi,

If you have a Corporate account you will ever access the web management console TeamViewer (from your client TeamViewer -> Connection -> Open Management Console). From here you can view a list of the performed connections: by acting on the filters you can expand or narrow the time frame, groups or reference account.

The element may be more useful to you is the button for the export of Excel: obtained the file, you will need to manage the spreadsheet a formula that is able to calculate the difference (in minutes) between the beginning and the end of the connections (date + time).

Here you can find instruction for Excel formula

Obviously I agree with Lipok: the best solution would be to opt for APIs or system integration already available on TeamViewer Reporting

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder