Teamviewer 13.2 Deployment and Assignment Issues

Ive been deploying TV 13.1 using PDQ Deploy and the Assignment Tool since its release with no issues. For me Its a simple two step process. We start by installing the Setup (exe) host package using the custom id appended to the end of the file name and installed silently by using the \S switch. The second step runs the assignment tool with our API key and joins the install to TV management console.

With the release of TV 13.2 things have become more of an issue. Ive read through the changes and it now appears that you can install and assign in one step using the MSI. Or install using the Setup package (no indication is this is for mass deployment though) and then assign using the TeamViewer.exe or the MSI afterwards. 

First issue is trying to determine if I should be using the MSI or the Setup exe (as ive done in the past). Some clarification is needed the help document is very poorly written.

The inital plan was to deploy the MSI package as outlined in the 'Mass Deployment' document. The first stumbling block was reading "Auto update in TeamViewer is not longer available, if you are using the msi file for installation. It must be updated with the Windows Installer again.". Does this mean that if I deploy Teamviewer using the MSI package that it will not update unless I install a later version of the MSI over the top of the existing install? What if the device Policy says to update the client? Is deploying the Setup (exe) now a requirement for auto updating or policy based updating? If so are there Mass Deployment instructions for the Setup file?

Could somone provide clarification on the installation options for the MSI as well?

The documentation suggests that an example script 

msiexec.exe /i "X:\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=<YOUR_APITOKEN> ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--group Test_Group --grant-easy-access"

However ive also seen references such as 

start msiexec /i teamviewer_host.msi /qn customconfigid=xxxxxxx apitoken=xxxxxxxxxx IMPORTREGFILE=1 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias ""%lmid%"" --group ""%lmigroup%"" --grant-easy-access"

The main difference is that the second has a variable for 

customconfigid=xxxxxxx 

Its details in this post by a TV support employee:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/API-and-Scripting/TeamViewer-13-2-batch-deployement/m-p/42971/highlight/true#M771