New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all,

Today we released updates for TeamViewer versions 8 - 14 with a number of improvements and security enhancements as reflected in the Change Logs. 

Our subscription users enjoy the most innovative experience with monthly update cycle and are already benefitting from the improvements as part of the latest TeamViewer version 15 release. 

We encourage all users to enable the auto-update functionality or to manually update at their earliest convenience to benefit from those improvements and security updates. 

We also would like to thank our longstanding customers of legacy versions - 7 by moving them to a modern code base including the recent improvements. They will receive a free and automatic upgrade to a newer version over the next weeks and have already been contacted regarding the details. 

Please don’t hesitate to contact your TeamViewer support team with any arising questions. 

Best, 

Esther 

Former Community Manager

Best Answers

Answers

• We have a problem with our license (case number #332xxxxx problably client number 100xxxxxx).

After update we spotted two problems:
    - we only have one channel on teamviewer 9 license (we had 2 channels on teamviewer 1),
    - we had liftetime licence, on teamviewer 9 it shows expirity date - 01.01.2013,

Today we had problems on connections - while some of our employees have still version 7 and some had 9 - we could open 2 channels on one time (it only worked one channel over 7).

We would like to have fast resolution, to not have such problems right now, it also stops us from update teamviewer on each device.

• Esther

Hi @nowakowski 

Thanks for your post.

We made some adjustments yesterday. Could you please test whether you now see both channels again?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Thank You - we have now two channels. But what about Expirty date? We had lifetime licence, but now it shows Expirity date.

• Esther

Hi again @nowakowski 

Glad to hear you can see both channels again!

Regarding the expiry date visible under Extras --> About TeamViewer: In the case of the updated licenses this thread is about, the expiry date is incorrect information and we are already working on removing it from the software. Your license in version 9 will be valid for the lifetime of TeamViewer in version 9. For now, we do not have a sunsetting date.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Thank You for all the help.

• henschen
    henschen Posts: 1

We have a full Version 6 license today we have a bunch of clients (30-40 known so far across multiple locations) that cannot connect to the teamviewer servers (Gives the "check your internet connection error) If we unintall and install a newer version, it works fine. Uninstall and reinstall the licensed version 6 and back to not being able to connect. 

Is there a problem with the teamviewer servers?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @henschen 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the TeamViewer community. 

In this statement, you will find all relevant information why version 6 is not able to connect to our servers anymore. Please have also a look at the email communication that was sent to you before :-) There, you will also find the information.

I kindly ask you and your customers to update all relevant clients to TeamViewer version 9. Should also be possible via the auto-update functionality. 

Hope this could help. Wish you a great day.

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Kiff
    Kiff Posts: 4 ✭✭

Edited to remove pointless post. We'll dig ourselves out of this (again).

• I'm a long time user of Teamview - way back to version 4.

I have several business licenses and a premium license for version 7 and I know they all stoped working today 1/15/19.

I see people are saying that they received an email saying how to upgrade their version 7 license to a version 9 license for free.  I never received this said email.

How do I go about updating my 7 licenses to 9 ones?  Do I just use my 7 license in 9?

Thanks all

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @-ejacobs 

Thank you for your post.

The upgrade of the license was done without any additional steps on your side - you need only update your devices to TeamViewer 9. The following post from last week should help.

You can download TeamViewer 9 here.

Should you have any issues with the update, our support team is more than happy to assist. You can find local numbers here.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• EBF
    EBF Posts: 1

I was pointed here from the thread below but it doesn't answer the question. "I'm forced to install version 9 but now it says I have the free version."

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/teamviewer-host-7-update-teamviewer-9-independently/m-p/79367

I had version 8 which stopped working today and forced me to install version 9. I did that and it's asking me for an activation key. Fortunately I found my invoice from 2014 entered it and it says it's an invalid key.  Please help. I have 500 laptops to support and today was a nightmare walking people through things step by step instead of fixing things for them. I really do not like how you hide solutions but make the $1000 fix with a credit card easier than buying things on Amazon for those who don't own their companies.  

• I have version 6 to which I should upgrade to a newer version.

• Czaja0
    Czaja0 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi!

We had version 5 business lifetime licence.

I've already upgraded to version 9 but it's saying it's free version.

Do I need to enter my licence number? If yes will it eat one of our acivation counts (it's 10 in business version as far as I remember) ?

• Encountered connectivity problem in TeamViewer today. Tried to email support@teamviewer.com; unfortunately they discontinued the usage of the support email address. Is there any other way to contact teamviewer support via email or chat? thanks

• Natascha

Hi @noraa31 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you describe your case a little bit more detailed? Maybe we are able to help you here as well :) 

But, you have of course the possibility to call our support team directly or to open a ticket on our website (this requires a licensed TeamViewer account). 

Hope this could help. Wish you a great day.

All the best,
    Natascha

• Kpinato
    Kpinato Posts: 1

I have the same problem And hope there is a solution.

Thanks.

Kritsada.

• And with the local update to Version 9 the V7 license are reused, but all the settings from V7 are lost ! 

• Natascha

Hi @Kpinato 

Thank you for your post. 

The solution is already mentioned in my initial answer ;-)

Please update all your devices to TeamViewer 9.

Hope you have a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

• Esther

Hi @EBF 

Thanks for your post.

TeamViewer 8 was not affected by this change and you should still be able to use your TeamViewer 8 as usual. You can find the download links for TeamViewer 8 here: Download TeamViewer 8

What exactly do you mean with version 8 stopped working today? Did you see an error message?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi @TomaszZadrozny 

Yes - you are right. Your license is now valid for TeamViewer 9.

The download link can be found here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Download-TeamViewer-8-and-9/ta-p/78348

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi, I have an active teamviever 7 license, but I can't connect anymore ... if I install newer versions it works.
    So it is not a problem of line or pc or firewall but of teamviever 7 access.
    What can I do ? thank you

• Esther

Hi @Czaja0 

Yes - if the software is not recognizing your license, you can activate it again. This will -in case of a Business-license- eat up one of the installations. But no worries: Give our service team a call once they are all eaten up and they will give you 10 new installations (once per year).

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi @angelozap 

Thanks for your post.

If you were an owner of a license for TeamViewer 7, I have good news for you: You got a free upgrade to TeamViewer 9. Please see this post for more information: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Announcements/New-updates-for-TeamViewer-8-14/m-p/80715

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi,

I have a perpetual license of Teamviewer 7 that cost $1500 aud and today it is not activating anymore.

If I have a perpetual license it should still work.

Best Regards 

• EDT_srl
    EDT_srl Posts: 1

I agree with ipnotech,

we have a perpetual license of teamviewer 6 that should work.

We have many client, industrial m achine too, all over the world that cannot be reached since yesterday 15-01-2020

please solve the problem, otherwise we could suffer serious economic damge.

Ivan C. - EDT srl from Italy

• Teamviewer 5 is also not activating. It would be appreciated if the company comment if this is an issue they are resolving or change in policy regarding these older versions.

• @EDT_srl wrote:

I agree with ipnotech,

we have a perpetual license of teamviewer 6 that should work.

We have many client, industrial m achine too, all over the world that cannot be reached since yesterday 15-01-2020

please solve the problem, otherwise we could suffer serious economic damge.

Ivan C. - EDT srl from Italy

Hi Ivan,

I think I have worked it out.

I have updated teamviewer 7 to version 9 and then reactivated it with the TW7 existing premium license. You will also neet to update your clients' teamviewer version to 9.

Ciao

• I think I have worked it out.

I have updated teamviewer 7 to version 9 and then reactivated it with the TW7 existing premium license. I will also neet to update my clients' teamviewer 7 to version 9.