Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Re: Sunsetting the multi-window user interface

Still HATING the new HUGE waste of space interface! SO SUPER ANNOYING! But if I stay on version 14.3 (nice slim strip of JUST CONTACTS) it keeps crashing. :( So I'm forced to use the MONSTER WASTE OF SPACE version 14.6. So it looks like it doesn't matter what we like or makes life faster and easier on us?

Can we at least KILL WITH EXTREME PREJUDISE, DELETE, REMOVE, I NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN the STUPID "Recent Connections"? Who does that work for? I have a couple hundred computers in my contacts and it jumping all the way to the top to the "Recent Connections" is even worse then the huge waste of space on my left screen! No really it's like 33% of one of my 40 inch screens just to see contacts. :(

tv-14.6-text.jpg

Posted by
Pentagon

Re: Sunsetting the multi-window user interface

New version still HUGE, still has no way to not eat up 33% of one screen, still has the worthless "Recent Connections" with no way to disable it! I love looking at the 3.5 inches of wasted space.

Really PLEASE let up resize it to a normal size or give us the ability to split like 14.3. I don't need anything but contacts. AND PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO DISABLE, REMOVE, DELETE RECENT CONNNECTIONS. Then the three or four people that like can still use it

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

[Update]: Slim Mode is here!

Hi all,

I just finished posting the Change Logs for TeamViewers January release (version 15.2) and wanted to take the chance of giving you a personal update on the latest Windows release.

Based on your feedback and the discussions with our members of the User Focus Program, our dev teams re-worked the TeamViewer interface and implemented a Slim Mode for the Computers & Contacts list. 

slim_mode_screenshot.png

Hint: To activate it, simply resize the TeamViewer window while you are within the Computers & Contacts tab.

The TeamViewer Insiders and the members of the User Focus Program have been testing the new Slim Mode during the last few weeks, and our dev team is currently collecting all feedback for further improvements.

Pro-tip for even more convenient work: Use the new right-click function on your computers or contacts to view a context menu :-)

If you like to become a member of the User Focus Program yourself to work together with our devs and other TeamViewer users on the future of TeamViewer, please apply via this link: https://ufp.teamviewer.com/join

We hope you like the new Slim Mode, and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback to make TeamViewer even better in the future.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: [Update]: Slim Mode is here!

Thank you

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Hi @Esther , thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that you have been doing something to address all the complaints that you brought down upon your own heads unnecessarily. This looks to be a great fix for those users who use nothing but the contacts list. However, for my use case, I still have need of jumping to other parts of the software, and with this new version, that is still problematic for two reasons.

1. It still requires navigating to that tab, clicking on it, and THEN navigating to what I want and clicking on it. With <V14.3 I enjoyed the flexibility to position the contacts on the right edge of my 5th monitor with the chat window and the home TeamViewer panel stacked on top of each other directly to the left. This allowed for instant navigation to the area of choice without extra clicks.

2. On this new version, any time that I click on another tab, the window is automatically resized to the larger size to properly display the chats, etc. Since I prefer to have it parked at the right edge of my screen, the rest of the window is actually still invisible, so I have to drag it in, do my thing, then whenever I go back to contacts, I have to manually resize, drag it back to position, etc. So it is obviously a very poor UX for my use case. In fact, the slim mode really does more harm than good for me because of these reasons.

As I've explained too many times, I am just appalled that a great product (whichTeamViewer used to be) can get so caught up with their own ideas of "innovation" and "progress" that the company feels it no longer needs to listen to its loyal customers. All we are asking for is a switch to flip back to the old interface in this case. But more than that, what I personally wish for most would be the feeling that TeamViewer cares about their customers at least as much as they do for their own bottom line. As a business owner/ executive myself, I would be happy if you would share this with Herr Steil, or Mr. Goswami, Mr. Faldi, or whoever can do something about it before TeamViewer completely gives in to the competition.

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @Pilgrimlea ! I appreciate the time you took for writing this.

I understand all of your points and please rest assured that the right people here at TeamViewer will read and evaluate it!

Thanks again and have a great day,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have over 200 computers in my list I like the tabbed windows in Windows but I HATED 30% of a 40 inch screen being used with half of it always blank. Now if I'm on Windows I can use my TV!

Now a tabbed version Linux and life would perfect. LOL Yes we always want more.

It is funny Windows yes the name is perfect WINDOWS everything needs another dam window but Teamviewer! In Linux file manager, browsers, text editors, email... everyhting is tabbed view but TeamViewer. :) LOL  

Thanks again for SLIM MODE!!!

But I do agree with "Pilgrimlea" 14.3 interface was the best for multi-monitor users. I used to do the same thing he does nice slim contacts on one screen, chat on another, computer on the center. But this is a step in the right direction.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Wonderful to see that you are working on this, listening to feedback. :)

I love slim, efficient, wokflow-optimized interfaces and I don't think I'm alone. Don't we all want things to be hidden while we dont need it and visible when we want them?

You are closing in on the clean contact list some of us love with this Slim Mode. For a simple solution, I'd say make the top and left bar optinally hideable, and voilà... a lot of customers happy. Perhaps a setting that says "Hide all bars automatically in Slim Mode" and when enabled the bars only show when ALT is pressed and released?

Other thoughts regarding "immediate access but still hidden until we want it" : 

• Integrate the instant connect function into the search field. If we type an ID that is not in our contact list or recent connections, allow us to instantly connect to it. 
  • Integrate the "recent connections" into the search bar instead? When the search bar is selected but empty pushing down arrow on the keyboard (or clicking a small icon only visible inside the search field when it's selected but empty?) we get the recent connections. Might be worth testing to see if it's intuitive.