TeamViewer and Win 10 20H2 (October 2020 Update)

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all,

On October 20th, 2020, Microsoft released its Semi-Annual release called Win 10 20H2.

Our development team immediately tested TeamViewer* on the new Windows release – both Beta and Preview, and we can confirm that all primary features work as expected

*Note: The test setup was with the current live version of TeamViewer 15.10.

However, further tests are pending - especially on the final version - to announce full support of this new Windows update. 

We are now going into more advanced testing, and in the name of our development teams, I invite you to share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build as a reply to this post!

Our developers subscribed to this thread and will read your feedback carefully. With this, we hope to announce full compatibility for TeamViewer on Win 10 20H2 faster. 

To make sure that our devs understand your setup and findings, please share as many details as possible about it - of course without sharing any personal details.

Thanks for your help in making TeamViewer better and fully supporting the new Win 10 20H2 quickly.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• cant get on teamviwer?

• RAT1963
    RAT1963 Posts: 1

Can not connect to partner computer, says I need to upgrade my license for immediate reconnects and have not connected with my other computer in a month or so. I have a FREE license

• I have update the version, and I cannot connect to my partner, even though both of us already updated the version.

@Esther wrote:

Hi all,

On October 20th, 2020, Microsoft released its Semi-Annual release called Win 10 20H2.

Our development team immediately tested TeamViewer* on the new Windows release – both Beta and Preview, and we can confirm that all primary features work as expected

*Note: The test setup was with the current live version of TeamViewer 15.10.

However, further tests are pending - especially on the final version - to announce full support of this new Windows update. 

We are now going into more advanced testing, and in the name of our development teams, I invite you to share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build as a reply to this post!

Our developers subscribed to this thread and will read your feedback carefully. With this, we hope to announce full compatibility for TeamViewer on Win 10 20H2 faster. 

To make sure that our devs understand your setup and findings, please share as many details as possible about it - of course without sharing any personal details.

Thanks for your help in making TeamViewer better and fully supporting the new Win 10 20H2 quickly.

Best,

Esther

• I cannot connect to the partner, even though both of us updated the version to the new one. 

How come.

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi @justineB ,

thanks a lot for giving us feedback.

Do you get any error message, why you cannot connect?

Thanks a lot,

Best,
    Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • Kerstin_PO

Hi @Marie1953 ,

thanks for giving us feedback.

Can you please explain in more detail what exactly does not work? Don't you receive your TeamViewer ID, can't you sign in or do you get any error message when trying to conntect to your partner/remote machine?

Thanks a lot!

Best

Kerstin

• _js_
    _js_ Posts: 2

I have the exactly same problem here and that started a few days occurrying before I update the Windows 10.

On my corporate laptop TV runs as a PAID license and on my corporate desktop - which I have to connect via TV on a daily basis - it shows the very same account as FREE. It means now it lacks from much functionalities.

Both of them are logged in with the same e-mail address, both show my list of computers and both of them have the very same TV version (15.0.8397).

How can the account appear as PAID in one machine and FREE on the other machine?

• icsi-moondog
    icsi-moondog Posts: 3 ✭✭

Been getting "Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet."  on the new update.  Had someone in the office help me troubleshoot, and the service kept stopping after logout, even if it's set to start automatically with the computer.  However we've tried it, a logout disconnects the session no matter what.

The best we can do is to reconnect after a logout (sometimes), but after a reboot, the service is unavailable again unless someone goes to the console and turns the service back on manually.  Have not updated to 15.11.6 yet, but will do so later today.

• icsi-moondog
    icsi-moondog Posts: 3 ✭✭

11.5.6 did fix the problem I was having.  I will instruct our users to upgrade before I push the Windows update 20h2.

• jbc
    jbc Posts: 1

Hi,

getting error message that i need to update version.  i update and says version is up-to-date.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled and still get error message.

not sure what to do.

• Integrion
    Integrion Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, 

I have used Quick Support to assist my elderly parents with their Android Samsung 10.1 Tablet. With the latest changes, I am no longer able to connect via 'Remote Control' to my parent's Android tablet.  When they accept my request to remote control, I get an error message that "The partner rejected your connection request",  However, the chat window still says that "the connection has been establshed successfully", but I am not able to remote control their device, hence I cannot assist them. Since I live in New York and they live in California, I am not longer able to assist them remotely. I have depended on Team Viewer for personal use for years to be able to assist my elderly parents this way. I am deeply saddened that I cannot help them remotely because of this.

At this point TeamViewer appears to be broken as a result of whatever recent changes or software updates that have been made. I am no longer able to assist my parents. It's all very frustrating. 

Thanks,

Jean-Claude

• Kerstin_PO

Hi @_js_ ,

thanks a lot for giving us feedback. As the problem seems not to be related to the latest Windows update: could you please create a support ticket and provide log files of both devices? They will be able to either help you solving the problem or to create a ticket if it's a bug.

Thanks a lot!

Best

Kerstin

• Kerstin_PO

Hi @jbc ,

thanks a lot for giving us feedback. If you would like us to have a look into your problem, please send me the log files in a private message (with some hint regarding the problem and a timestamp when the problem occurred) and we will have a look into it.

How to get the log files: in the menu go to Extras > Open log files... (TeamViewer15_Logfile.log).

Best,

Kerstin

• _js_
    _js_ Posts: 2

Hi @Kerstin_PO , what's the link for opening a support ticket, please? I can only find links to the community forum.

• Kerstin_PO

Hi @_js_ 

@_js_ wrote:

Hi @Kerstin_PO , what's the link for opening a support ticket, please? I can only find links to the community forum.

on https://www.teamviewer.com/support you can find more information how to get in contact with our support team.

Best

Kerstin

• Hello,

I updated to Windows 10 20H2 Home Edition yesterday and everything in TV works as it should. I am connecting to a Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 computer. I saw this post while troubleshooting an error and decided to contribute my knowledge. I will update another Windows 10 computer later today (Win 10 Pro) and if I have issues, I will edit this post. Otherwise, consider that it is also working as it should.

I have been fighting connection issues for weeks now and could not figure out exactly what was happening. I was connecting but the screen would freeze after a few seconds. I updated TV, tried different computers with Windows 10. Tried Google Remote Desktop to test and had grey screen. Nothing worked. I changed display drivers from NVIDIA to Microsoft. Disabled WDDM graphics display in Computer Configuration (it was actually not enabled and not an issue). Nothing.

FINALLY A SOLUTION: I disabled UDP in TV Advanced Settings and I can connect all the computers I was testing without an issue. I have yet to understand why this is a problem all of a sudden because I have been connecting with the same computers for years. Windows Update maybe? I cannot think of any other changes.

Marty

• krg72
    krg72 Posts: 1

I just updated my laptop  - and am unable to connect remotely to my desktop. I keep getting an error message "It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid Teamviewer License for you or your conection partner"

I am not sure if remote desktop has automatically done its recent windows update or not. 

• nomad247
    nomad247 Posts: 12 ✭✭

I am having a similar issue. I can remote in but before I connect, the other person has to allow access, which is new. Once I get on the remote computer, I cannot click anything, I cannot send a remote ctrl/alt/del, iun fact, most of the commands are grayed out. So now all I have is a remote screen to watch. I am helping a visually impaired disabled veeran, and this "improvement" has made teamviewer completely useless for its intended purpose. So is this an issue with Windows 10 20H2 or is this issue a badly made security update? My third guess is, teamviewer free version is going to be taken away and become a paid only program. I have been using teamviewer since version 9 or before and all I use it for is the help my fellow disabled veterans. I never charge anyone.

Janelle Wolves
  • nomad247
    nomad247 Posts: 12 ✭✭

From my cell phone, I am getting a commercial use violation, never used as commercial, always to friends, never for pay. Can no longer do anything but see the remote screen and this is a huge set-back helping my visually impaired veteran friend. I do not think it is necessarily related to 20H2, but it may be, only have had this version of windows for a few weeks. Seems windows has been busting out some old Vista updates because I have had to format C and install fresh three times since May. Really wish we could get support because this really hinders my friend who is a 74 year old combat disabled Vie Nam veterans who I help a lot and now, cannot at all.

Janelle Wolves