Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Natascha
Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Dear Community members, 

We are happy to start the TeamViewer User Focus Program together with you!

What are we going to do?

The idea behind this project is to solve the right problems and to build the right features and for this, your feedback will be crucial and much needed!

Many partners within our organization are going to participate actively in this program to have an even broader approach to shape the course of TeamViewer.

We´d like to invite all of you to participate if you are interested in co-innovating with TeamViewer!

How can you participate?

You can find all relevant information about the project and how to apply on the User Focus Program information page (for users in the U.S., please click here). So, feel free and join our User Focus Program and co-innovate with us.

For all members of the Customer Council: Please re-apply again as this new program is organized differently. Thanks a lot!

Who will interact with you if you join the User Focus Program?

Please allow me to introduce some of the great minds behind the new User Focus Program from our side who are already collecting some urgent topics and questions for you: 

The team is going to focus together with you on shaping the future of TeamViewer to build an even better version of TeamViewer together with you and for you! 

Thanks and looking forward to co-create the future of TeamViewer together with all participants.

All the best,

Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

Comments

• Vladibudha
    Vladibudha Posts: 1

Its allready perfect, I don't know how to make it better

saludos Vladi
    P.S. I now recieve messages that me or my friends are not private anymore when I connect with them

• wolframnagel
    wolframnagel Posts: 86 Staff member 🤠

Thanks for your feedback, @Vladibudha. There's always room for improvement. :-) 

Regarding the messages, maybe this article is helpful: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

Senior User Experience Designer
  • Trevor3115
    Trevor3115 Posts: 1

Dear Natasha and TeamViewer Team

Thank you very much for the opportunity of being part of TeamViewer and its many benefits and features.

I am very much interested in becoming part of User Focus Program.

Please get me enrolled.

Regards

Trevor

• wolframnagel

Hi @Trevor3115 , thanks for your response. Sounds good.

Just apply for the User Focus Program. You find the instructions on this page: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-user-focus-program/

Regards 
    Wolfram 

• i want use team 

• wolframnagel

Hi @ramanathan 

thanks for your message. If you want to participate in the User Focus Program, you can apply via the following link. You will also find the instructions there.  

https://content.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-user-focus-program/

Regards 
    Wolfram 

• ferranpr
    ferranpr Posts: 1

@Natascha wrote:

TV-UFP_Keyvisual_800.jpg

Dear Community members, 

We are happy to start the TeamViewer User Focus Program together with you!

What are we going to do?

The idea behind this project is to solve the right problems and to build the right features and for this, your feedback will be crucial and much needed!

Many partners within our organization are going to participate actively in this program to have an even broader approach to shape the course of TeamViewer.

We´d like to invite all of you to participate if you are interested in co-innovating with TeamViewer!

How can you participate?

You can find all relevant information about the project and how to apply on the User Focus Program information page. So, feel free and join our User Focus Program and co-innovate with us.

For all members of the Customer Council: Please re-apply again as this new program is organized differently. Thanks a lot!

Who will interact with you if you join the User Focus Program?

Please allow me to introduce some of the great minds behind the new User Focus Program from our side who are already collecting some urgent topics and questions for you: 

The team is going to focus together with you on shaping the future of TeamViewer to build an even better version of TeamViewer together with you and for you! 

Thanks and looking forward to co-create the future of TeamViewer together with all participants.

All the best,
    Natascha

• ghh101
    ghh101 Posts: 13

Teamviewer has outdated cancellation policy.  Buyer beware they require a 28 day cancellation before contracts ends.  Most states have laws against this type of cancellation.  Call your BBB agency and complain.  Don't take this laying down.       

Know before purchasing about the cancellation policy.   There have been numerous complaints on Reddit and other sites.  I wish I would have known before purchasing.

271824821 Posts: 1
  • orgAnice_Team
    orgAnice_Team Posts: 4 ✭✭

Well, then it usually gets worse, very often. 

Teamviewer started this downsping right away with disabling the nice old user interface and replacing it with a clumsy, chunky new one, with no way to switch back to the old one.

We will now start to search for alternatives.... Some look very promissing and much cheaper. As it was the case with teamviewer 5.x

• wolframnagel

Hi @Closed account, 

thanks for your comment. Maybe you want to join the User Focus Program and give feedback on early concepts and ideas and discuss with us these and other topics. 

Regards 
    Wolfram 

• wolframnagel

@orgAnice_Team

thanks for your comment. We appreciate active and critical users. There are several (also technological) reasons for this decision. We are already working on this topic. We always want to improve our product. 

We believe the best way to do it is in collaboration with our users. That's why we have created the User Focus Program (UFP). In the UFP we collect feedback, evalute needs and problems, discuss early ideas and concepts with you and gather your feedback on mockups and potential new features. 

Maybe you want to join and work together with us on improving the product. I'd be happy to welcome you on board. 

Kind regards 
    Wolfram 

• orgAnice_Team
    orgAnice_Team Posts: 4 ✭✭

Useless.

Just received a Support - E-Mail regarding this topic.

Content of the E-Mail: this decision was made by top management and top management is never wrong. They have many funky ideas what to change and take away from customer because they know what we want.

It's a fact that the old UI is not comming back.

We usually don't need so many new features. We need Remotedeskop, Clipboard, Filetransfer, eventually VPN that's it.

Sadly we cannot buy or use only thouse features.

Who needs more for an remote desktop tool?

More features could mean more bugs, more CPU usage, longer load time. Sadly all the new (additional) features can not be disabled via setup. 

Just follow the KISS principle and all is just fine.

• wolframnagel

Ok, thanks @orgAnice_Team

I understand. Exactly these needs will be evaluated in the UFP. There are various needs and different users. So we have to weigh up all of them. We do that. It’s a pity that your are unsatisfied now. Anyway, you would be an honest and critical UFP participant. If you want to join, do it. If not, absolutely fine.

Regards 
    Wolfram 

PS: As mentioned we are working on the UI. Maybe a potential new UI is even better than the old one. And maybe you are able to influence this a bit by participating in the UFP. 

• Apathy
    Apathy Posts: 5

Wolfram,
    This isn't rocket science, it's really quite simple; you've taken away the old interface, but you've given us no tools to manage the new one and, as a consequence, I keep having to select the address book tab to get to the ONLY THING I use TeamViewer for (I know I am not alone in this). How about giving us the ability to set a default tab? I can’t imagine that something so simple, something that people are clamouring for is really all that difficult.

My workflow: I open a connection in a tab, then go to add another connection, but first I have to select the address book, which just adds to the time it takes to do the job as well as my mounting frustration with your product, not to mention that I have to do this again and again for each connection I want to add. Did you honestly think this was the best way to do this? Do you honestly feel that by adding another step to a user's workflow, an annoying and frustrating step to be sure that seems to have appeared only out of vanity, that you were making your product better? Do you even use your product?

• Hi,

see Subject. This is a show stopper as we are moving from Windows to Linux. Please urgently fix this otherwise I feel we have to leave TeamViewer after using it for so many years...

Best regards Arno

• Kaptinn
    Kaptinn Posts: 2 ✭✭

When I click and User Focus program links I just get rerouted to the main page.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Senior Moderator

Hello @Kaptinn

Thanks for letting us know. I've confirmed & reported this issue, and will reply here once resolved.

Thanks again!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Probably too late to the party as the bottom section of the questionnaire never activates to allow you to pick a program. My feedback for TeamViewer would be broadly the same.

I'd really like you to consider a free usage for a limited number of devices (1 or 2) and a pay tier for up to 5 (?) devices for a nominal cost (ie £20 per year).

The current system of suspecting users of commercial usage is deeply flawed in my own personal experience. Its overly aggressive with no warnings or explanations.

• JakeShL1
    JakeShL1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hey, here's something. How about you fix the timeout issue? Sounds like a pretty big problem, since it's blowing up the rest of your forum.

Also, while you're at it, figure out your customer service system. It's pathetic. When you charge customers hundreds of dollars for services that everyone else has for FREE, you lose the privilege to screw over everyone like this. Tossing all of your users into a forum to fend for themselves is ridiculous. Your automated "support" chat on your homepage is a worthless use of everyone's time.

And HOW DARE YOU attempt to call us liars? When we tell you we're not commercial, how about you just trust us?

Hey everybody, chrome remote desktop is working just fine rn for free. TeamViewer- the longer you go without addressing this, the more users you lose... just saying...

• tom23rd
    tom23rd Posts: 1

the user focus link just takes me to the main www site.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @tom23rd

Thank you for your comment.

Does this one do the trick for you?

User Focus Program

Hope this helps. Have a great start into the new week.

All the best,

Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• considal
    considal Posts: 1

I just changed over to the new browser based interface and joined User Focus group only to be scared out of my wits by all the negative comments. I certainly hope I don't have as many problems with it as it seems there are. Perhaps since I only have a few machines I want to link to it won't be as difficult as heavy users have.

However, above I read that there is no going back to the older version. Is this true?