Blizz-Meeting or Teamviewer-Meeting

Joseff
Joseff Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Hello Support-Team,

we have Teamviewer in our company, so we have now two possibilities to do Web-Conferences. Which one is to prefer, or what are the big differences?

Or is blizz on the way to replace the Team-Viewer-Meeting?

Josef

JosefF

Best Answer

Answers

• What happen with our Corporate licenses of Teamviewer 14?

Will now work with Blizz?. How i must deploy blizz in our domain? Is blizz SSO compatible?

• mlapointe
    mlapointe Posts: 3 ✭✭

is there a possibility that Blizz will be included to some extent with TeamViewer subscription scheme.

I have corporate TeamViewer subscription and I'm looking into collaboration apps, I thought Teamviewer Meeting would be great, but that is before I found out Blizz.

• PeterBrunner
    PeterBrunner Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠

Blizz won't be part of TeamViewer subscription so it is safe to move on with Blizz if you like it over TV Meeting. Blizz will replace TV Meeting at some point in 2019, but as a separate subscription. We can't provide more details yet but it indicates directions.

• Billc
    Billc Posts: 1

This is sad - one reason for TV subscription update was to continue to use and enhance online meeting - now I have to = and can not afford = to get another solution for online meetings.

Not a good day and not a good thing to loose a tool that is full integrated with the support tickets we are trying to deploy.

Live and learn and get burned - sad

• dnunez
    dnunez Posts: 3
    Totally agree. Whats the point of separate an integrated tool. Im moving to microsoft teams and using RDP for servers because of this. We do not want to have two tools separated that use the same chat, one for remote control and the other to start meeting, there is no sense. Regards.
  • PeterBrunner
    PeterBrunner Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠
    The integration point / advantage will stay, but the solution for online meetings / collaboration going beyond the remote support case is worth some (few) extra bugs.
  • I see this more as an attempt of the company Teamviewer to make more money by reducing the functionality of one Tool (Teamviewer) and bring another one instead which has to be paid separately. We have 5 Enterprise licences of Teamviewer and will stop investing into Teamviewer due to the fact that TV Meeting will die.

Regards, Günther Müller

• MHA_HV
    MHA_HV Posts: 1

We got the same feeling with the TeamViewer product in general, also...

As long-time TV customers we were several times urged to buy the (almost yearly) new versions because our company-licensed TV version refused to connect to customers who were running the (usually downloaded) newer version of TV host side - although we were using only the core versions. The so-called incompatibility need is a lie - imho.

Teamviewer once was a really good product, but since they have been sold to a company which now seems only to want to satisfy their shareholders, things became very bad - sad.

• Ok