Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.52. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v14.4.2669 (Full) - Change Log

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

We released a new version of the Windows full version.

Operating system: Windows

Version: 14.4.2669 (Full)

Release date: 2019-07-10

Change Log:

• New TeamViewer Pilot tab for more convenient session establishment
  • Integrated TFA into login flow (without the modal dialog)
  • Removal of the old user interface to allow improvements in performance and user experience.
  • servicecamp - Mobile responsive view
  • Fix for CVE-2019-11769 - Remove the possibility to provide TeamViewer the Windows Admin Account Credentials to update TeamViewer
  • Fixed a bug in the File transfer that resulted sometimes in a freeze of the File transfer window
  • Fixed a bug that prevented to read a chat message to a device without being logged in.
  • Solved some other issues which caused crashes
  • Minor improvements and fixes

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• mikee
    mikee Posts: 21 ✭✭

I hate the new interface that is now being forced. Do you know what is the last version that still allows the old compact interface?

Thanks

• v14.3 still works in legacy mode. This is what I did.

Full uninstall (settings removed), and fresh reinstall of 14.3

• Effigee
    Effigee Posts: 1

I think it's obvious from the few comments here the new user interface is not popular.

I  cant stand it and have turned it off from day 1.

I am also now looking for alternatives to Teamviewer

• jalangen
    jalangen Posts: 1

I agree. The new interface is a nightmare.

• brw111
    brw111 Posts: 29 ✭✭

Why was I not able to find this change log when searching within the forum? I had to do a Google search to get here! In general the forum search is inconsistent.

Also, based on user reaction my guess is this latest is not popular and buggy. Suggest TVr re-think it. I'm holding off installing for now.

• say2wc
    say2wc Posts: 3

I think you mis-type line 3:

• Removal of the popular user interface to decrease performance and worsen user experience.
  • bigstu_
    bigstu_ Posts: 2

New interface works fine for me. Resizing the window provides all the information required. Can't understand all the moaning. 

• Servolk
    Servolk Posts: 10

@bigstu_ wrote:

New interface works fine for me. Resizing the window provides all the information required. Can't understand all the moaning. 

1.It is bigger(and this is bad, because it has a lot of empty useless space), if you resize it, not all will fit in one window or it will be minimized to icons, without descriptions.
    2.You need to switch tabs to get all function you need. In old one all functions were on one window, and it suits perfectly, no need to switch tabs.

They make the new one in Tablet-look, but this is the PC version, so no need to look like tablet at all.

So now, you need to do more, to get less, this is not the improvement for most of admins. But not for TV-team and you, as I see.

I think you didn't work a lot with the old good one or have only a few contacts.

• bigstu_
    bigstu_ Posts: 2

Even with the cleaner look, I just checked a 1920x1080 screen (100% scaling) and at full height there is space to list 35 devices.
    More than that and a scroll bar appears wide enough to be used with a touch screen.
    You can also create multiple groups that can be condensed and expanded so you could display 35 groups of 35 devices (1225) before you ever get to see a scroll bar.
    Can't think of a reason why you would need to view more than 35 devices simultaneously anyway.

The clean GUI design facilitates ease of use with Windows mobile devices like touch enabled laptops which helps Admins on the move.
    An open layout and restricing information according to workflow reduces screen clutter and the likelihood of missing critical information.

If you are a frequent user, icons would take less than five minutes to learn.

• Servolk

@bigstu_ wrote:

Even with the cleaner look, I just checked a 1920x1080 screen (100% scaling) and at full height there is space to list 35 devices.
    More than that and a scroll bar appears wide enough to be used with a touch screen.
    You can also create multiple groups that can be condensed and expanded so you could display 35 groups of 35 devices (1225) before you ever get to see a scroll bar.
    Can't think of a reason why you would need to view more than 35 devices simultaneously anyway.

The clean GUI design facilitates ease of use with Windows mobile devices like touch enabled laptops which helps Admins on the move.
    An open layout and restricing information according to workflow reduces screen clutter and the likelihood of missing critical information.

If you are a frequent user, icons would take less than five minutes to learn.

I'm happy you have and use the touch screen and/or Tablet. As for me, I don't like the fingerprint and fat on the working display.

So make two version, for Tablets/Displays with touchscreen and for the PC with no touchscreen. This is not an Apple franchise, all app with the same gui, is it PC or smartphone.
    It will be the best solution, and after force to subscription plan, they have enough money for two types of versions.

And I didn't talk about long contact list on the screen or scrolling, sure I use scrolling too, I talked about all function on the one screen (now you have 3 or 4 tabs for the same functionality). And my opinion was, only who worked less with the TV can admires the new GUI. But now I see, all who works with the fingers (not mouse/keyboard) and Tablet admires it too. And this is why all who have not touch display or tablets will be disagree with you. Because this is not a mobile app, this app for the PC with mouse and keyboard.

And you missed the second point, tabs, tabs, tabs. What’s for, if it all suits on one screen?

I have the classic version still, you have the "mobile" one, all are happy. At the end of subscription, we are moving to the alternative, so a mistake, which TV made, it will see only in the next 3-6 months. I think that`s why they do nothing now, because all still using they mobile/tablet app or the classic old version. Will see after 3-6 months, which announce they will make. "The new brand classic interface, you can switch on" )))

• say2wc
    say2wc Posts: 3

@Servolk wrote:

2.You need to switch tabs to get all function you need. In old one all functions were on one window, and it suits perfectly, no need to switch tabs.

This is extractly what I am talking about, I put the same on their feedback and on other post but they would NOT listen nor even acknowledge.

• Servolk

was twice posted, sorry

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for sending us your feedback about the user interface!

Maybe you want to join the User Focus Program and give feedback on early concepts and ideas and discuss with us this and other topics. 

If you want to participate in the User Focus Program, you can apply via the following link. You will also find the instructions there.  

https://content.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-user-focus-program/

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Servolk

Thank you Esther,

I had this propose to User Focus Program by e-mail last week too. I would glad to do it, but then I must work with only new GUI and with new GUI I can`t work. If it would possible in User Focus Program to use classic GUI, then I would participate.