Multitask More Easily with Remote Control Tabs for MacOS

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

header_tabs_for_mac.jpg

While multitasking on your computer, the desktop can be cluttered within a few minutes.

Luckily, there’s an easy way to keep the number of windows to a minimum and boosting efficiency at the same time.

Getting a computer up running again can be tied to long waiting times, no matter whether you’re in front of it or remote controlling the device.

They can occur, for example, because there are lots of updates to catch up to or unusually long installation processes.

It’s those times, when you just can’t do anything productive with that particular device.

However, you don’t have to waste your time watching the update/installation process.

If you’re working remotely, you can easily bridge that otherwise wasted time by opening another TeamViewer session to help out the next customer.

Multitasking with Remote Control Tabs for MacOS

The new tab feature in MacOS Sierra allows for tabbing in apps that support it, so you can keep your desktop from being cluttered with too many windows, whenever you’re multitasking.

In TeamViewer, you can now make use of that feature, too. Easily tab multiple remote sessions to have them all in one window.

It will be faster to organize and switch between them, while you’ll hardly ever have to search for a window that somehow got lost, again.

How to Tab TeamViewer Sessions

Maybe you’ll need to enable the tab feature on your Mac first. This is how you get to the corresponding settings:

1. Go to system settings.
  2. Go to Dock.
  3. Change the option “Prefer tabs when opening documents” to Always.

Mac_tab_tutorial.png

What’s Your Impression?

We’re pleased to enable Mac users to use multitasking and tabbing with TeamViewer 12.
It’s just so much more convenient than using multiple windows most of the time, right?

When are you using multiple TeamViewer sessions? Let us know in the comment section below!

Former Community Manager

Comments

• Now i am forced to get everything in Tabs. Not a good solution! I want only the Teamviewer windows to be in Tabs

• whiteshiel
    whiteshiel Posts: 2

I must agree. The tabbing feature should be independent from the operating system on MacOS.

• Great workaround solution, thank you for this.

• When I switch between tabs using this method (to a lower res host); the window resizes to the size of the tab I selected. When I switch back to a larger res host; the windows stays the same size as the lower res host. Then when I switch again (3rd time) back to a smaller host the window gets even smaller. Each switch ratchets down the windows size incrementally. Super annoying.

Is there anyway to have the tab either stay the same size or autosize the tab on switch?

I've noticed this starting with TV 12, but it still is the same with TV14 on catalina.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.