Never Miss Out with TeamViewer 12 Service Case Notifications

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

Header_Service_Case_Notifications.jpgWith much work to do and many tickets to answer, it can be easy to overlook some of them.

However, keeping an overview of everything that comes in is easier than you think.

When you’re all caught up in work and focused on solving the problem at hand, you might not always take notice of a new urgent ticket coming in.

It can be lost under another bunch of incoming messages and you would only find out about it, when it’s far too late and doesn’t serve the sender anymore.

Nevertheless, if you actually manage to answer that urgent request in time, you will likely prove your value to another satisfied customer.

Service Case Notifications in TeamViewer 12 make sure of that by integrating pop-up and email notifications into your workflow.

How Service Case Notifications Help You to Stay on Top of Your Work

With TeamViewer 12 Service Case Notifications, you’ll never have to worry about overlooking an incoming ticket again.

You don’t even have to have TeamViewer visible on your desktop. That means you can get on with other tasks and don’t have to worry about missing any incoming cases.

Note that while you can receive pop-up notifications independent of your license type, email notifications can only be used with a business or higher license type.

Pop-up Notifications

When they’re enabled, TeamViewer will display pop-up messages in the lower right corner of your screen, whenever there are case changes to inform you about.

Pop-up Notifications give information about

• The subject
  • The customer name
  • And a preview on the corresponding message

They are displayed, when

• A service case is assigned to you automatically, …
  • …manually by somebody else, …
  • … or is created but not assigned to anyone so far.

On the other hand, you’ll not receive a pop-up notification, when

• You create the service case yourself, …
  • … assign it to yourself, …
  • … or you assign it to somebody else.

How to Change Settings for Pop-up Notifications

To set up the service case notifications in TeamViewer, follow these steps:

1. Start TeamViewer.

2. In the main menu, click Extras | Options.

Service_Case_Tutorial_Screenshot1.pngThe TeamViewer options dialog box will open.

3. In the category Computers & Contacts, tick the box Notify me about service case changes.

Service_Case_Tutorial_Screenshot2.png

4. Confirm the change by clicking OK below.

Email Notifications

With a business license or above, you’ll receive email notifications, when

• A service case is created
  • A service case is assigned to you

The message will be sent to the email address corresponding to your account.

How to Change Settings for Email Notifications

If you’d like to activate or deactivate Service Case Notifications via Email, follow these steps:

1. Log into your TeamViewer account at https://login.teamviewer.com/

2. Click on the Profile Menu in the upper right corner and choose Edit profile

Service_Case_Tutorial_Screenshot3.png

3. Under General, click the Email notifications box to change the current setting.

Service_Case_Tutorial_Screenshot4.png

4. Confirm the change by clicking Save below.

Would You Like to Notify Us of Something?

Surely, with TeamViewer’s Service Case Notifications you’ll always be on top of your work.

Even though, if you have any feedback on this new feature - be it positive or negative, the community is the right place to get it off your chest.

Did you ever regret overlooking an urgent ticket? Tell us about your experiences in the comment section below!

Former Community Manager

Comments

• maltop
    maltop Posts: 2

Would it be possible to see what the service request notes are in the email notification? It would be nice to be able to prioritize cases according to customer notes sent with the service request simply by reading the email notification

• Esther

Hi @maltop

That sounds like a nice Feature Request. I added it to our internal feature request tool. Please feel free to post you idea also in the ideas board. Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• bluesfannoz
    bluesfannoz Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have email notifications for Service Requests turned on for my profile but have yet to receive any emails.  I have just started using this feature so is there something on our Corporate account I need to turn on?

• Esther

@bluesfannoz Do you get other TeamViewer emails? Can you try to whitelist emails from TeamViewer in your mail program? If not, could you send me your email address in a private message?

Former Community Manager

• bluesfannoz
    bluesfannoz Posts: 5 ✭✭

We do get notifications if we use all of our channels..  But it has been awhile since I got one.  .   I have checked and there were not emails in our spam folder so its not a case of it getting blocked on our end.

• All of this blog has saved me a lot of headaches.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.