New improved user interface for easier navigation

2»

Comments

• bestinfo
    bestinfo Posts: 3
    @m4Zz It seems they really did so. I complained already, but got no answer so far.
  • DomCom
    DomCom Posts: 6 ✭✭

Well, if the Product managment thinks they are smarter than the customers it's always a loose-loose situation. It's all been said, actually. Had a call with Support and no, there is no way back and they just don't understand....just babbling, you could go crazy.

Since I simply can't trust a company that deals with its customers in this way, that orients itself to some funny trends and sets completely wrong priorities - and doesn't have the balls to admit it - I go the hard way and look for an alternative. **Third Party Product** seems quite suitable, let's have a look. Dozens of clients and servers, boo, but the sooner I don't have to see the TV logo anymore, the better. I'm doing this job for almost 20 years now and it's really going downhill, expertise is no longer in demand, everything has to be dumb-simple and only consumers above everything else.

No thanks.

• DomCom
    DomCom Posts: 6 ✭✭

Haha, they replaced an alternative with **Third Party Product**....It's just pathetic now. What a weak, poor company this has become, incredible.

• m4Zz
    m4Zz Posts: 10 ✭✭

I don't care about the censoring on the community board.

If I resize the new UI just to let it look like the old computers bar, it uses double as much space in width now. But I will not die because of that.
    At least, after connecting, the window does not minimize anymore, that's a HUGE plus.
    And I can use dark mode now! Btw: Dark mode still has a white title- and scroll bar. Fix that ;-)

TV is a bit better now, but I'm also happy, that they waited that long before forcing people to switch to the new interface, so they had time to fix bugs, and listen to things people had to say and implementing their ideas.

Still not resolved is the chat function. If I write people messages, they cannot write back, and have to login. So I'm forced to use external communication programs, like WhatsApp, Mail and calls. The chat option does not make any sense. Also they still don't see when I write a message. Also why having two seperate chats? Just use one! From a customer interaction perspective it's a good thing that does not work. Imagine a customer got a presentation in front of thousands of people and suddenly a message pops in front of the PowerPoint slide: "Yow, John, are you there?" "No, sorry, I have a Keynote right now."

Before I was not, but all-in-all I'm happy now. Even with the work-arounds.

• Servolk
    Servolk Posts: 10

Where can I get the previous version? I have already disable the updates.

No more the comfortable, compact GUI with all on one page, only the "new", big, with the tabs, ugly and uncomfy one.

I have found the old version of TV and disable the Updates. So now I can work till they block 14 Version, as they made it with the old ones.
    Shame on you Teamviewer team.

I will test the alternatives, and if TV will not hear the customers, will switch all firms which I support to another software.

You should hear the customers(at least commercial ones), but you did not.

• AllPCReapirs
    AllPCReapirs Posts: 1

This new UI is NOT user friendly. It has been changed to make it look and more user friendly on a tablet which a lot of users don't use

If you want a user friendly tablet verion fine, don't force us PC users to use this horrid UI

Also, I want my Contact List Back I use to have a Conact List I shoudl scroll down and find any PC I want, now I can't find mine.

• You don't seem to listen to your customers. Read the above messages and act on them. As a matter of urgency please make the two unwanted bulky columns next to computer list OPTIONAL. These are grossly in the way of day to day use and I can no longer have teamviewer contact list open at the same time as doing anything else. Can't you see how irritating this is? Screen real estate is important to developers, and the previous compact interface is all that people desire, and all the other fancy stuff will never be used.

• Anna_UX
    Anna_UX Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Gefferz999,

indeed we listened to all that feedback and are working on concepts to provide solutions to the issue mentioned above.

If you would like to support us in doing user research for a better future product, you can participate in our TeamViewer User Focus Program. for more information, see https://content.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-user-focus-program/.

Thanks,

Anna

• That's it. Ab today TV forces to update the comfy and compact Version to new big Tablet version or it will be not connect to hosts.

**** you TV team and your NOT support. I hope you see that you done, then clients go to another software, as we.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.