TeamViewer Chat – Exactly Where You Need It

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

header_TV_Chat_Where_You_Need_It.png

The TeamViewer Chat is perfect to let your customers know what you’re doing at any time.

It’s omnipresent wherever you use TeamViewer.

In the last article dealing with the TeamViewer chat, we had a look at its flexibility and the additional values it has over other chat programs.

Together, we went over the locations you can initiate a chat from on your PC and the features you can access from within a TeamViewer chat conversation, such as remote control, file transfer, video calls, etc.

However, there is one topic that we didn’t cover in that article. And that is the availability of the TeamViewer chat on any device, be it PC, smartphone, or tablet - irrespective of the operating system.

Basically, you can send chat messages to every device that runs TeamViewer – as of today, that is around 1.4 billion devices of all kinds and sizes.

Admittedly, in practice you’d need the respective device in your Computers & Contacts list, but you get the point, right?

Most of nowadays’ mainstream chat programs are optimized for smartphones and thus either aren’t available on other devices or, if they are, often lack features you’re used to on the smartphone.

And then, there are chat applications that are just downright nerve-racking with their constant beeping (and I mean not only when you receive a message) and obtrusiveness.

The TeamViewer chat, however, is available exactly where you need it with all the features close-by.

Chat from Where You Want

You can use the chat from any device TeamViewer is installed on.

That includes the TeamViewer full version and QuickSupport on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. On smartphones and tablets, there are the Remote Control, QuickSupport, and Meeting applications for Android, iOS, Windows Mobile/Phone, and BlackBerry devices.

And by using a customized QuickSupport module, your connection partner doesn’t even have to install TeamViewer.

In conclusion, you are able to communicate with anyone you’re providing support to via chat, regardless if your connection is PC to PC, mobile to PC, or mobile to mobile.

But that’s not everything there is to it.

You can also access the TeamViewer chat from every browser, no matter on which device you’re working on, by logging into the completely web-based Management Console.

And in case you really, really enjoy our chat, you can also integrate it into your own websites! Especially Supporters working with TeamViewer in a larger team might profit from that possibility.

By the way, if you switch between devices and/or operating systems, even in the middle of a conversation, you still have your chat history with you. That is because it’s always synchronized with your user profile.

Chat with Maximum Flexibility

As you can see, the TeamViewer chat does have some advantages over the alternatives when it comes to multi-platform collaboration and communication.

Of course, these become especially visible in respect of a remote supporters needs. Also, it can be a handy tool for easy-to-use communication between team members.

I’m positive that you’ll have a good time with the TeamViewer chat, no matter where you use it!

How many different platforms are you using TeamViewer on? Let’s talk in the comment section below!

Former Community Manager

Comments

• HI, 

I have been using teamviewer succesfully between the office iMac and home macpro laptop. SInce recently, I am able to only see the desktop remotely but not able to click or select any folders/files/applications. As if the remote screen is locked.

Any advise to resolve this would be greatly appreciate.Thank you.

Bhagi

• Esther

Hi Bhagi, which macOS are you running on your devices? If you are on Mojave, please have a look at this article: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-control-a-Mac-running-macOS-10-14-Mojave/ta-p/44699 Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi,

can you intergrate the chat widget in your website like a live chat? (The link doesn't work)

Or do the people who visit my website need the teamviewer then and my contacts?

Thanks Roger

• tamfu
    tamfu Posts: 1

i want to buy the software licence especialy for the vpn i need ;ore information on how it wors

• Esther

HI @tamfu Please find more information about VPN here: About TeamViewer VPN Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• IsraelM
    IsraelM Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I'm trying to use the widget on google chrome, but it fails to accept to accept the cookies. It has something to do with inline script of login.js file, or something else, it works on firefoxs only after allowing trackers. How can i be able to use it on my server and let my clients to use it on chrome?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.