Announcements

This board is exclusively meant for questions about the Community platform.

If you have a question about TeamViewer, Remote Management, Blizz or TeamViewer IoT please post in the support boards for these products.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Bookmark, Subscription and Highlight - the differences

As a Community Member, you have different options for posts in the Community.
You find the different options by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right side of each single post and/ or on "Options" on top of a thread.

Options or 3 dots.png

Options Menu.pngClick on "Options" for making the setting for the whole thread

3 dots menu.pngClick on the 3 dots to make the setting for a specific post in the thread

What does Bookmark mean? 

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

Where is this special page? 

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
2. Click My Bookmarks.

My Bookmarks.png

Tipp: You can click a bookmark to go to the item.

3. To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

What does Subscription mean? 

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the community that you're interested in.
You can subscribe to a board, a blog article, or any other location in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post.

Where can you find your subscriptions? 

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to.

My Bookmarks in menu.png

Tipp: You can click a subscription to go to the item.

3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

The difference between bookmark and subscription is, that you are getting an email notification, when you have chosen "Subscription" and when you have chosen "bookmark", you are having a bookmark in your "bookmark sektion".

What does Highlight mean? 

Let´s say, you want to send an interesting Community Post to a friend or colleague. If you want to send the whole thread, this is pretty easy: Just send the link.

But, what if you want to guide your friend to a specific reply? You don´t want to force him to scroll through the whole thread.
Well for making this easy, you can use the "Highlight" function.

As soon as you highlight a specific reply in a thread, a new URL generates:

Highlight URL.png

You can send this URL to your friend or colleague and the URL will guide him directly into the specific reply of the thread. 

I hope, this article was helpful :-)

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: Bookmark, Subscription and Highlight - the differences

Very good tutorial :smileyhappy:

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.