Announcements

This board is exclusively meant for questions about the Community platform.

If you have a question about TeamViewer, Remote Management, Blizz or TeamViewer IoT please post in the support boards for these products.

Thank you!

Posted by Crexis
Digon

Broken Community Profile

Hi,

Something went pear shaped with my profile. I created a profile yesterday with the username Crexis. I posted a question regarding DSRM and received a response. I tried reply this morning but when I hit Post, it said my session had timed out and upon logging back in landed on the choose a Username page. I tried setting it as Crexis again but was told the username already exists (no, really?). I've now used the username Krexis but my post under the name Crexis is still there. Can someone fix this please? The stupid thing is that there are now two profiles with the same email address.

7 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Broken Community Profile

Hi @Crexis and hi @Crexis1 as well :-)

I just checked both profiles and it looks like you have beed using another email-address for the "Crexis" account. So, you have now two accounts with different email-addresses behind it. Without going too much into detail: The first account is using another email-provider than the second one.

I hope, this information is helping you.

Thanks, Esther

7 Replies
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Crexis and hi @Crexis1 as well :-)

I just checked both profiles and it looks like you have beed using another email-address for the "Crexis" account. So, you have now two accounts with different email-addresses behind it. Without going too much into detail: The first account is using another email-provider than the second one.

I hope, this information is helping you.

Thanks, Esther

Posted by Crexis
Digon

Doh! :smileyembarrassed:

You are 100% correct; My bad. Thanks for getting back to me Esther.

That'll teach me to try and be intelligent after a night on the town :manwink:

Posted by Crexis
Digon

Is it possible to delete the existing Crexis account and rename this one from Krexis to Crexis? Or I can switch back to Crexis and delete this one. Don't really want an unused profile wasting your diskspace.

Community Manager

Hi again, 

you can just sign out with your "Krexis" account and sign in with the first account again and use this one.

If you want, you can delete your account in the TeamViewer Management Console. Here is an article describing the deletion in detail: How to delete your TeamViewer account (Your community account is also a TeamViewer account)

I hope this helps.

Best, Esther

Posted by Crexis
Digon

@EstherI deleted the account with the username Crexis as the one with the username Krexis is the one that has my stored computer connections. As user Crexis no longer exists, is it possible to edit or reset my current username?

Community Manager

Hi @Crexis

We changed your username as requested. Have a great weekend.

All the best, Esther

Posted by Crexis
Digon

Thanks Esther, you rock! :smileyvery-happy: Have a great weekend yourself :smileyhappy: