Account management permissions prompt?

Hi, I get the attached permissions prompt when logging in, and I can't proceed until I tap Allow.  What permissions specifically are being granted and specifically to who/what?  Do these permissions give any access to my management console or computers?  This is a rather vague prompt in my opinion so I'm confirming exactly what it means before I proceed.  Thanks!Screenshot_20200905-093707.png

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MM-TV

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

As the TeamViewer Community is working based on Lithium, once you have created an account on the TeamViewer Community with your TeamViewer account credentials, it will automatically sync the account information for both TeamViewer Management Console and TeamViewer Community (Lithium). And that is the reason why the prompt of grant access pop out when you sign in to TeamViewer Community.

The display of Apps under the TeamViewer account profile shows that you currently allow the TeamViewer Management Console to communicate with the TeamViewer Community. You are able to revoke access on TeamViewer Management Console. It will not affect the uses for TeamViewer Management Console and TeamViewer Community, but a confirmation will pop up every time when you use TeamViewer account to login to TeamViewer Community.

Long story short: the Account Management is only related to your Community account. We do not have any access to your Management Console, your Computers & Contacts etc...

I hope this could help. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager