Assign CustomConfigID AFTER TeamViewer is installed

Hi

We install TV using a SCCM TS in an environment with no internet. We later connect these computers to the internet and run TeamViewer.EXE to assign to our account and assign to the proper group.

It seems that even though we get the right group assigned the policy I assigned to the group isnt automatically applied to the clients. What I get is "TeamViewer Policy : None" by default and then I can choose which policy I want.

I want it to automatically assign the policy assigned to the group. How do I do that? I know I can do it during installation but I can't use that since installation takes place with no internet. I can't find an option to assign using TeamViewer.EXE either.

Any idea how I can do this?

Comments

• If you install it with the correct CUSTOMCONFIGID, does it not try to apply it the next time it connects to the Internet? Have you ticked the Allow account assignment box for your custom module as well to enable automatic account assignment? Have you properly defined the ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS and APITOKEN values?

I just tried it by installing the Host client using the CUSTOMCONFIGID MSI property on a computer disconnected from the Internet. It obviously couldn't register. I then connected it to the Internet. it saw the Internet but didn't do anything. I then restarted the client and it added itself to my account, added itself to the correct group and then applied the policy assigned to the group, as expected. I did not need to invoke the TeamViewer.exe to assign it; it was smart enough to queue it until the next time the client was restarted when an Internet connection was active.

If you want to change the configuration ID the client uses, you can do this in the registry by creating a new REG_SZ value in the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer key called InstallationConfigurationId and set it to the ID of the configuration you wish to change it to. Restart the host and it should pick it up and change it. This registry value will be removed from the registry once TeamViewer sees it and uses it. From my experience, it only occurs during start up of the client.