Black screen still shows remote cursor moving on users screen

When remoting into devices with "show black screen" feature enabled, the teamviewer 'work securely' black screen graphic shows up for the users as expected, however they can still see my mouse cursor moving around. Is this a bug or by design? For our purposes we require there to be no mouse cursor visible to the user, just a static image. 

Also is it possible to customise the image shown, e.g. to show a company logo instead of the teamviewer 'work securely' graphic?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @ali1988

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

The cursor should not be visible on the remote side. Could you please try to disconnect and connect again? Maybe it's just a bug.

For the moment, only a static image is available. We are working on improvements on this that will be released as soon as possible.

Best regard

Jean

Community Manager

• ali1988
    ali1988 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @JeanK ,

Thanks for confirming that this is not normal behaviour. Unfortunately the bug is present in every remote session to every one of our 100+ remote systems (these systems all have identical hardware and software configuration, running Windows 10). Therefore disconnecting and reconnecting does not resolve.

Could you please advise if its possible to share diagnostic information with teamviewer so the bug could be addressed? Else do you have any suggestions for potential fixes, e.g. updating VGA driver on remote systems?

Thank you for confirming regarding static image, looking forward to this being customisable in the future.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @ali1988,

Thank you for your message. ?

After checking with our developers, I can confirm that seeing the cursor on the remote side when activating the Black Screen is expected behaviour. Due to technical limitation, we cannot hide the cursor, and this, for Windows and macOS.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• joscva
    joscva Posts: 9 ✭✭

Ugh this is most unfortunate. I just posted in another thread looking for this same thing. I'm starting to think that TeamViewer is not the ideal solution for me after all. =(

• Hi,

Sorry to pull out an old thread but this problem still exists.

What's the status on this?

Thanks.

• Todd_in_LA
    Todd_in_LA Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

In my years of using TV, this problem has always existed and TV Corp. always denies that it exists. I would love for someone to post a video of an install of TV where the cursor doesn't show when "Show black screen" is active. Prove me wrong and show me how to make it work as expected, please!

Okay, having just read @JeanK's comment that this is "expected behavior" I guess I give up. Still, it's surprising that **Third Party Product** can do this, but TV cannot. Oh, and Windows Remote Desktop can do it, but not TV... Funny, that. 🤦‍♂️