Browser as Trusted Device

I always get the following message after I try to login and going through the Verify pictures; We could not verify if your account has been used on this browser before. To sign in on this browser you need to add it to your trusted devices. Please check your inbox for the mail we sent you and follow the provided link.

I tried Two Factor Authentication but does not work on Win 7.

I am using the same browser, same ISP, same everything every time that I try to login. I get the email and click on the link Add to trusted devices. Then I can login.

Why is the Teamviewer Management Console doing this? How can I prevent it from happening?

Best Answer

Answers

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello tigersbigfan,

Is it a laptop or a phone or a device that you can move and that can connect to wifi becouse if that is the case your IP changes regularly and that is why you need to keep adding your device to the trusted devices.

If this is not the case please respond to this post and i will try to help you out!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Device is a Destop Computer running Win 7 using the Firefox Browser connected to the same WiFi Router and same ISP (Comcast). Even though I add it as a Trusted Device every time I login, it seems to forget it.

Is Teamviewer Management Console saving a Cookie or a Hypercookie on my computer as a means to identify it the next time I login? If that is the case then I can set Teamviewer so its cookies are not deleted when I close Firefox. I also have software that deletes Hypercookies on a timed basis.

Thanks for your reply.

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello tigersbigfan,

I dont think that that is your problem (I am not a moderator from teamviewer so i don't know every specification)  becouse teamviewer is an application and not something you open on firefox... but i don't really know! You could try it out!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi tigersbigfan,

Thanks for your post!

@iainwels thanks for your help with this question and please allow me to clarify.

You can find out more about the trusted devices process by viewing the following link.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/What-is-Trusted-Devices-for-your-TeamViewer-account/ta-p/13954

In addition, you are correct that the trusted devices does use a cookie to remember you have logged in on that particular browser. If the browser is set to delete cookies then this would be why you would have to do this process.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan