Can I listen to the connected Computer?

Is there a way for me to listen to the audio of the computer I'm connected to?  I need to be able to hear what's going on.

Best Answer

Answers

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I believe this is enabled by default.

Options > Remote Control > Check box next to Play computer sounds and music

TV_PlaySounds.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • I have this checked on both computers however I still can't hear anything from the connected computer

• NCSLLC
    NCSLLC Posts: 7

To be more specific.

I'm trying to connect to a Mac computer that's running Logic so that I can do some audio editing remotely. The remote computer is outputting the auido to a Scarlett 18i20 which then goes to an amplifier and some speakers.  At first I thought I wasn't hearing any audio because it wasn't going through the built in output of the computer so I changed it. However I can't hear any sound at all from the remote computer still. Even something like spotify or youtube. I've gone into the settings of both computers and have made sure that the "Play computer sounds" checkbox is ticked.

• NCSLLC
    NCSLLC Posts: 7

I've checked that box as you've said however when I connected to the computer and checked the options I notice that computer sound is greyed out and won't allow me to check it.Screenshot (21).png

• I am doing almost the exact same thing. Previous posts have said that sound from a Mac does not pass through in Teamviewer but those posts are at least 6 months old. Any idea if this problem has been fixed?

• I'm getting the same issue as everyone else here RE: hearing audio from a remote controlled computer on a local computer. I'm using the free TeamViewer version, could that be the reason? Please send help via this community thread @TeamViewer or even a carrier pigion or smoke signal will do. 

• Thanks! I'll check this out

• I have the same problem. What are you using now?

• Plaese Teamviewer team, could you simplify the process ?

• Is it a feature only on the paying version ?

• edurney
    edurney Posts: 1

is there a solution to this problem yet? I need to be able to hear the audio of the person i'm connnected to, i dont see a fix anywhere. is it possible to do this on macs?

• I have also tried to use but it failed. Does someone have another way?

• SophroniaRowen
    SophroniaRowen Posts: 2
    edited January 2021

Mobdro is very safe and reliable. The app is not complicated, it works very simply, anyone can use it. Get access without requiring to create an account. Mobdro has a full range of features for the needs of online entertainment. Watch 1080p video without signing in.
    Mobdro is a popular application to watch TV, movies and free entertainment programs in 2020. Mobdro is an application that provides TV shows, movies and free entertainment programs popular around the world. world 2020. Mobdro works very well on smart device platforms.Download mobdro from mobdrovip provider at:

• I had this problem too but found that the solution was in the selection of the correct "Voice playback" device under "Options" then "Audio conferencing" (may not be the same as mine - often nowadays there could be a plethora of devices and audio channels) per the screenshot below.

Of course, check the other settings as mentioned in the above messages too.

Hope this helps everyone else.