Can only connect one way

Hi! 

A SaferVPN support person is having a problem connecting to me. We have tried both version 11 and 13. I have Windows 10 Pro Swe on a laptop using an open Wi-Fi connection, with web browser login in Alanya, Turkey. I can connect to her (remote desktop), but she cannot connect to me. I can also login to my account (ver 13) in TeamViewer, so everything seems to be working on my end, but there could be a blockage that I am not aware of.

I have e.g. Kaspersky Anti-Virus that has it's own VPN now in it's newest "Internet Security" version, but I have de-activated that function. Is there anything on my end that I could check or change that could perhaps solve the issue?

Thanks in advance,

MacD

Comments

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hello MacD,

If you are able to make outgoing connections but are unable to receive any, please check the following settings:
     1. "Extras" >> "Option" >> "Security" tab >> "Black and whitelist". 
         Ensure your partner is on the whitelist OR off the blacklist.
    2. "Extras" >> "Option" >> "Advanced" tab >> "Show advanced options" >>
        "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" >> "Access Control". 
        Ensure this option is NOT set to "Deny incoming remote control sessions"

Hope this helps.

Yuhi

• Thanks for the reply Yuhi, but all those option settings are OK and set to "full access" (all default settings).

I did find a setting that TeamViewer uses UDP packets as default. Although my Kaspersky AV has full access for TeamViewer in it's firewall settings, it did block "Local Services (UDP)", which I have now changed to "according to program rules".

I will be checking this setting later on today in our attempt to create a remote session again

: P

/MacD.

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Thanks for the update MacD,

I hope all goes well with the changes to the security software settings.
    Please let us know of the results when you have time.
    Thanks again.

Yuhi

• SaferVPN support considers the case closed as the initial VPN problem is now solved. There will be no TV test from their side and I have already checked that my end works with another TV user. So, I consider this case also closed, even if we did not come to a definite answer. Thanks again for your input, Yuhi.

: P

/MacD

• Not totally my issue but found what I was needing in your suggestion to go to the 'Extras" >> "Option" >> "Security" tab. I could connect to one computer but I could not connect the other way. I thought I had the correct password but realized I did not have the password set in the options so could not log in.