Can't connect Incoming LAN Connections Exclusively because of Windows 10 Firewall

I have my Windows 10 PC set to Accept Exclusively but I can't connect to it unless i disable the Windows Firewall which I don't want to do.  Anyone seen a workaround?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• cziarno
    cziarno Posts: 3

Boom!  That was it.  Wasn't sure what "Teamviewer" to choose so I chose the "TeamViewerService" for Inbound on Private.

Thanks!

@Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @cziarno 

I think that you could adjust "easy" to the Windows 10 firewall if you give a look at this article.

During the step "Go ahead and click on New Rule and then you’ll get a dialog asking what type of rule" choose a Program, select the app you want and choose to allow it.

After applying the new rule, reboot your computer and see if is working. Note that it may need to format the same rule to the other pc in your LAN and do the same before connecting.

Best regards

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Thank you for coming back and update @cziarno. I'm glad this worked for you.

This will help future users facing the same issue to solve it easily.

Best regards.

p.s.

- Note that you can add more than one service/tasks of the same app folder to the Windows firewall to be allowed, in case you needed an app to communicate properly.

• cziarno
    cziarno Posts: 3

Thanks again!!!

• CJK84
    CJK84 Posts: 1

Not to necro an old post but I just had this issue as well in a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro, it was caused by Windows having set the network type to "Public" by default upon a fresh installation, and after installing Teamviewer it created inbound firewall exceptions for the Public network type since that was what it was at the time, but I had switched the network type to Private at a later time, thus preventing the rules from being active.

The simple fix was to go into Windows Firewall's Advanced Settings -> Inbound rules -> find all of the rules Teamviewer made (I had four), open each rule's properties/settings (double click), go to the Advanced tab and check the Private network type (you can also turn off the Public type if you wish), then save the rule.

After that, LAN connections worked like a charm. Hope this helps some people :)

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@CJK84 Thank you for taking the time and sharing your solution!

Happy connecting!

/JeanK

Community Manager