Can't connect!

I am unable to connect remotely via TeamViewer.  I click on connect and it says connecting to partner...it never asks for my password and then just comes back to my screen and gives me the option to connect again.  I'm 45 miles away from my remote computer that I need to access.  Thank you!!  Kelli

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @atchkel,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

If restarting TeamViewer on your local side, then restart it on the remote computer might be the only solution to this.

I hope you will manage to fix this. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• atchkel
    atchkel Posts: 2

Hi Jean - I have tried that on the two remote computers I'm trying to connect from and it has not worked.  This means I would have to drive 2 hours to restart the other computer I need to connect to.  Is this the onlly solution?  What would cause this?

• Sirico2
    Sirico2 Posts: 2

I'm having the same exact issue...would love a solution!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@atchkel @Sirico2 Unfortunately, is a bug/dysfunctionnality occured on the remote PC, yes, it is the only solution.

There can be plenty of reasons why such a bug occurs. In the IT-world, it can always happen.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and hope you will be able to figure out a way to restart the remote computers.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• ura_01
    ura_01 Posts: 1

I am having this issue as well, has it been resolved?

• Geanner
    Geanner Posts: 1

had this issue and posting for everyone else's sake. this happened to me at a critical time and really didn't have the option to reset the remote computer. I got around it by conveniently having tailscale installed already and was able to SSH into the remote computer and running sudo reboot to restart and teamviewer worked aftewards.

pretty big flaw