Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Can't control Sony Xperia 1 (J9110)

I have installed QuickSupport on the Sony Xperia 1 (J9110.) The app opens fine, and I am able to connect to the device, but I get a notification that the device only allows screen sharing (and not remote control). Is there a way to override this? I thought Sony and Android were both compatible with TeamViewer and QuickSupport?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Can't control Sony Xperia 1 (J9110)

Hello @kHistory123,

Thank you for your message and welcome in the TeamViewer Community! 🙌

You are correct - Sony is one of our supported manufacturers: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices 

However, we cannot guarantee the coverage of 100% of the manufacturer's devices, as major soft- and hardware update are constantly happening. The add-ons, that are specific to each device, has to be updated.

If you see this message, it means that the add-on is not updated yet. Our dedicated teams are working hard to keep all add-ons up-to-date. I kindly ask you for your understanding. The remote control will be available again as soon as possible.

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Can't control Sony Xperia 1 (J9110)

Same with an Xperia 5 (J9210), I also get the message: only allows screen sharing. Any idea if and when it's possible to remotely control an Xperia 1 or 5?

Thx!