Can't control Sony Xperia 1 (J9110)

I have installed QuickSupport on the Sony Xperia 1 (J9110.) The app opens fine, and I am able to connect to the device, but I get a notification that the device only allows screen sharing (and not remote control). Is there a way to override this? I thought Sony and Android were both compatible with TeamViewer and QuickSupport?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @kHistory123,

Thank you for your message and welcome in the TeamViewer Community! ?

You are correct - Sony is one of our supported manufacturers: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices 

However, we cannot guarantee the coverage of 100% of the manufacturer's devices, as major soft- and hardware update are constantly happening. The add-ons, that are specific to each device, has to be updated.

If you see this message, it means that the add-on is not updated yet. Our dedicated teams are working hard to keep all add-ons up-to-date. I kindly ask you for your understanding. The remote control will be available again as soon as possible.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Mnfrd
    Mnfrd Posts: 1

Same with an Xperia 5 (J9210), I also get the message: only allows screen sharing. Any idea if and when it's possible to remotely control an Xperia 1 or 5?

Thx!