Can't control or see past grey remote desktop

Hi all,

OS X & same/ latest releases of TV running on both host & remote machine.

I can't see past the grey  desktop image, can't see their windows, I can see their cursor though & yes, all permissions have been granted to me for full access.

When reveresed with the same macjhione they can see my desktop & my open windows etc.

Very odd it doesn't work for me to comtorl their desktop though huh?

Cheers, Stu

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @StuuGraham 

What kind of computer are you trying to control?

It is a laptop with the lid closed?

Is it in suspend or hibernation mode before you connect to it?

It has a screen and it is enabled?

Is there anything strange - not a normal condition?

Best regards

• StuuGraham
    StuuGraham Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi V',

iMac to iMac

Both devices are on, live, working, & can be connected to only.

Screen is enabled as far as I can tell from just the bullet in the 'Remote Control' option.

Choosing either 'Remote Control prompt' or 'Remote Control Password' once I have logged into the onthr iMac it's just a grey desktop with no visual sight of their desktop image, windows, app's or their pointer

As I posted before...it works fine for that machine connecting to mine but sadly not the other way around my iMac to control their iMac.

I've been using this system for over 5y now & this is the first time it's failed.

• StuuGraham
    StuuGraham Posts: 4 ✭✭

Not sure if this helps clear our status /settings up a little?Not sure if this helps clear our status /settings up a little?

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

It is a bit strange.

Have you tried to completely uninstall the app by removing also the configuration files, then reboot the machine and install the latest version on both sides?

Screenshot 2020-03-03 16.05.23-FINAL.jpg

Also after configuring the remote connection with screen recording credentials, remember to check in the Advanced options to have the full control of this pc, to give full access in the remote connection.

Best regards