Cancel my Subscription

Yesterday I purchased a Team Viewer license and having now used the software, I don't like it and would like to take advantage of the 7 day money back guarantee the homepage brags about. 

How do I do this? I'm not permitted to use the phone support apparently and all the "submit a ticket" links just redirect here. Am I meant to just dispute the transaction with PayPal or my bank? Or is there actually a process for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hi patricksaccount,

You'll need to call or submit a ticket: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • I think you missed some of my post. I can't call, because I have a Remote Access license and that you gave just redirects to community.teamviewer.com. 

i need a real way to actually cancel this before the 7 days are up. Or am I just meant to dispute the charge?

• TotalPC

I know posting a request on the forum won't get it canceled. If you can't submit an online ticket seems calling is your only option.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • I can't call. They don't accept calls for people with a Remote Access license 

• TotalPC

I'm surprised you can't even get to the submit a suport ticket page https://support.teamviewer.com/en/support/tickets/new at the very least you should be able to get there loging into the same account you signed up with. But, if not there must be a glitch somewhere preventing you, I would call, go through the phone options as though you're a new customer interested in buying a new product, or anything, just to get a hold of a live rep to help you on the phone as a last resort.

• patricksaccount
    patricksaccount Posts: 9
    edited March 2022

That URL just redirects to community.teamviewer.com even when logged in. 

i guess I see why they can brag about the 7 day money back guarantee; because they deliberately make it impossible to take advantage of. I'll take you advice and call then if that doesn't work just dispute the charge. It **bleep** that there isn't a real option from TeamViewer

• TotalPC

There must be a glitch somewhere. I know users with Remote Access Licenses are supposed to have access to the Community here (which anyone can) and the Support Portal. I've submitted a ticket informing them of this issue.

• patricksaccount
    patricksaccount Posts: 9
    edited March 2022

In case it helps your ticket, here is a gif of the redirect in action

[removed per Community Guidelines]

I'm on a bit of a deadline if I want to get the 7 day refund so if they give any information in the ticket that could help I'd appreciate if you forward it along. 

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @patricksaccount,

We are sorry to hear about TeamViewer is not for you.

With regards to the support ticket, you have to submit a ticket with your licensed account, if you have not activated your license into the account, it comes to the community page. Please read this article for more information: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-submit-a-ticket/ta-p/72027

If you still couldn't created a ticket by yourself, please send through your licensed account name/invoice number via Private Message so we can help with it.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • I have already activated my account and it's still not possible to open a ticket. 

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @patricksaccount,

Thanks for your reply.

For security purposes, we are unable to affect or provide direct support in cancellation or licensing issues here in the community.

In this situation, I have created a support ticket for you and our support team will reach out to you through email shortly. The ticket ID has been sent via a Private Message.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • georgekat
    georgekat Posts: 4 ✭✭

Be careful my friend. They delay in answering tickets and then claim that you delay to cancel and charge you for a year. That is what happened to me. And now asking for a year of payment without using their services. Total scam.  Be careful!!!

• Had I not begun the transaction dispute process with PayPal I'm quite sure this is what would have happened to me. 

Before I started that it was impossible for me to get in touch with anyone from teamviewer. Once I began the dispute process, magically, customer support became available and interested in solving my problem. 

That, for me, is the lesson from my post here as well as the countless similar posts on these forums. If you're going to buy TeamViewer, make sure you use a customer friendly payment method because you will need their help if you ever want to cancel or refund. 

• georgekat

I learned my lesson now, but it is a little bit late. They need one month ago to let them know that you want to cancel the subscription. And one month to answer the support ticket two months. Because they don't have a button for cancelling like all the other companies. They need two months to cancel something. Besides it's a bit of huge process to make a cancellation. They call all the departments from all arround the world to push the button. So they need two months to gather all the members. Collecting money with scam methods. Bravoooooo!!!!

• Another part of the process is the way that posts like this are scrubbed by the mod team. Replies by users which offered incorrect or impossible advice are left up, but there were a few instances where I'd get the email notification of a user replying they'd had the same issue and then when I went to respond here the moderators had already deleted the post. 

This explains why you have, across this thread and similar ones, lots of useless "open a ticket" posts with useless links but no posts from people who've actually been through the process, explaining how long it takes or any other helpful information. 

All told, it's a pretty underhanded business model. The product is **bleep**, but it's not deliberately bad like most scams. Just worse than VNC or msrdp. It's kind of surprising that this very normal product is backed by such a scammy business model. 

• georgekat

It is not weird though to see such a note in the emails that they send.

Spoiler
    Please note: In case the payment is not made for the pending invoice, your license will be blocked and sent to a collections agency.

Perfect don't you think? Indirect threat. You pay us because we want to. If you don't like ok. Until the next year we will find another way to scam your money.