Cannot remove an entry from the Allowed List

G'day,

ISSUE
Entry in the Team Viewer "Allow List" cannot be removed and is preventing any other system accesing it.

Have TeamViewer (V 15.10.5) installed on 2 fully updated Windows 10 PCs.

System "A" is at an office and it will be contacted by system "B" from remote locations.

There is an entry in the "Allow List" which cannot be removed which is preventing all other  systems accessing system "A".

I've tried removing the entry using the following;

1. Open Team Viewer
  2. Click EXTRAS -> OPTIONS -> SECURITY -> CONFIGURE (Block and Allow List)
  3. Selected "Allow access only for the following partners"
  4. Click once on the only entry in the Allow List to select the entry
  5. Click the REMOVE button
  6. Click OK

At this point, an error dialogue opens with the message "If you want to grant access only for particular computers or accounts, you will have to add at least one computer or one account to the list".

Clicking OK in the error dialogue takes me back to step 3 (above) with the entry still in the Allow List.

Any assistance in removing the Allow List entry would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @panic

Thank you for your post ?

It is not possible to have an allow list that has no users in it, as in this case all connections would be denied.

Instead, just change the radio button back to 'Deny Access for the following partners'.
    You can leave this field blank.

Please click Deny access for the following partners and click OK.Allow list.png

Hope this will be helpful ?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • panic
    panic Posts: 2

Thanks Yuri for the prompt response - very much appreciated.

So what you're saying is if I change the radio button from "Allow" to "Block", any entries in the current "Allow" list will be ignored and the empty "Block" list will be enforced.

Is this correct?

Cheers,
    Ewen :-)