Cannot update remote Teamviewer

Following the successful connection to remote Teamviewer. I click the Remote Update button as per the instructions in the "How do I update TeamViewer on the remote computer?" section in How do I update TeamViewer? . Once I click the button, a brower tab is opened and linked directly to Enable auto update for TeamViewer . No option is given to update the remote Teamviewer as a result.

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @ewan_shek 

Thanks for your post!

What version of TeamViewer do you have on your side?

I tested it from my 15.10.4 to a 15.9.2 and could trigger the remote update via both options.

remote_update.png

(I have Insider Builds enabled, therefore it is offering me 15.11)

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi @Esther 

The version of Teamviewer on my side is version 15.10.5

• Esther

Thanks @ewan_shek 

I am assuming you are connecting from a Windows coputer to another Windows computer?

And, just to confirm: Both "Remote Update" buttons do open up a browser on your side? 2020-10-14 14_54_43-How do I update TeamViewer_.png

Former Community Manager

• Hi @Esther 

I am conneting from a Windows (my side) to a Linux (remote) machine.

Yes, both Remote update buttons show up for me.

• Esther

Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply - I needed to check back with one of our Linux experts.

For the Linux update you have to release the repository and then "update" the app or Linux. Depending on you appmanager.

This will automatically pull the update package from the repository.

This article might help you as well: How to update TeamViewer on Linux via repository 

Hope this helps and wish you a great day,

Esther

Former Community Manager