Change UI language

Options

Hello all,

I had to reinstall my MacBook, so I just reinstalled TeamViewer and I'm surprised to see the entire TeamViewer is in Bulgarian... and I can't find any way to change it. Nothing online (at least not since 2017 and not for this version and this OS) :( 

Any ideas?

Regards,
Alex

Best Answer

Answers

• AlexGrant
    Options

Dear Ying_Q,

That worked for me. Thanks for your reply.

Happy holidays!

P.S.
    From a purely UX point of view I find the lack of option to change the interface language a nonsense. I can think of cases where the change of the primary language for a system is not an option (or may be there is no other language at all, other than the local one), and yet the interface language needs to be set to a different one. The whole situation is quite annoying at best. And generally I am yet to encounter a good interface localization of any software... :(

• MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 47 Staff member 🤠
    Options

@AlexGrant macOS Catalina (10.15) lets you configure localization individually for each app. So if you prefer, you can have TeamViewer in a different language from the OS:

1. Go to System Preferences > Language & Region.
    2. Switch to the "Apps" tab.
    3. Add TeamViewer using the plus icon, and choose the language you prefer.
  • AlexGrant
    Options

Thank you for that info @MoreCoffee :)

I'm yet to update the OS (still on Mojave). I'm afraid half my software will stop working on Catalina :) But it is indeed a nice functionality on Apple's side.

Thanks again!
    Alex