Change resolution to above supported resolution

Hi guys,

I am curious if it is possible to change the resolution to the one supported by the device you're connectiong from instead of the one you're connecting to.

I have a 22" monitor with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 (16:10) and a laptop that supports only 1280 x 800.

I've usually connecting to my laptop from my desktop PC and if I keep the default settings, the image is too small yet if I scale up everything shows up a little blury. So I tried to find a way to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 when connecting via Team Viewer but no luck.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Abdul2
    Abdul2 Posts: 3 ✭✭

@daydr3am3r wrote:

Hi guys,

I am curious if it is possible to change the resolution to the one supported by the device you're connectiong from instead of the one you're connecting to.

I have a 22" monitor with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 (16:10) and a laptop that supports only 1280 x 800.

I've usually connecting to my laptop from my desktop PC and if I keep the default settings, the image is too small yet if I scale up everything shows up a little blury. So I tried to find a way to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 when connecting via Team Viewer but no luck.

Is this possible?

Yes it is! At least if you have Nvidia. Possibly also with AMD. You can go to the Nvidia control pannel and fake a screen resolution and Teamviewer will let you choose it.