Chrome Application - Prolonged Black Screen

I have unattended remote access set up on my host computer. Because I access the host computer from a controlled work enviornement (in which other Team Viewer Modules are blocked) the only workaround I have found is through using the Team Viewer Chrome Application. This has worked great for 6months until recently in the last month I go to log on and it stays on a black screen - never prompting for a password to enter. Sometimes, randomly the password option will pop up after 2-5 hours of sitting on the black screen, sometimes it just times out. I have found no rhyme or reason to this. Connectoins to host computer work using other modules on different connecting computers, Have tried Version 12 and BETA 13 on host and no difference. Are there any known issues on the Chrome Applicataion or changes inthe last month that may be causing this?

Comments

• Iain_wels
    Iain_wels Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello BiffSloan,

What workaround did you find? If i know what kind of modifications you did maybe i could sort out you're proboblem. Please let me know.

Thank you for using teamviewer.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • I havent found any workarounds as of yet. Cannot get the chrome application version of Team Viewer to sucessfully and consistently connect to my host computer.

• Iain_wels

Hello BiffSloan,

the only workaround I have found is through using the Team Viewer Chrome Application. This has worked great for 6months

Here you said that you had found a workaround.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • This was a workaround to my work computer's IT restrictions that worked for me up to a month ago. Now that option doenst work and Im not sure why - hence my reason for posting to the forum. 

• Iain_wels

Hello BiffSloan,

Maybe it's an idea to accept the port's in your firewall to allow the teamviewer connection to proceed. Here is a link for the posts, The ports

I hope this helps,

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • Just finished adding all 3 ports to the exception for my firewall and I too get the blackscreen when I try to connect to a partner. I can't even log in. The original client works fine but the chrome app is what isn't working.

• Yes the issue is on the Chrome Application. When you read reviews on the Chrome Web Store - you see multiple people dealing with the same issue. Is Team Viewer doing anything to support the Chrome Application or address the issues raised by its users?

Could this have something to do with the BETA 13? Does The Chrome App need to be updated?

• This may be old news, but I had to reinstall the Teamviewer Chrome App to get mine working. Go to settings (top right) > More Tools > Extensions > find the app and Remove. Then reinstall the App.