Collapse/expand groups feature removed.

John
John Posts: 7 ✭✭

Please  can you put it back? 

It didn't clutter the UI, it was just couple of menu entries in a menu that is still there and now has just four entries..

If you feel that more than four entries in a menu is undesirable then you could remove three

of the existing entries are they are now redundant, being also now ever-visible to the right 

of the contacts.

This feature was very useful for me as collapsing all groups made it far easier to locate the specific group I wanted.

By contrast, in the expanded state that group is just another tree in a forest of items.

I find it impossible to understand how anyone thought it a good idea to remove this feature.

Best Answer

Answers

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi @John

Thanks for posting.

We havn't removed any features like this that I am aware of.
    Can you please post a screenshot of what you are referring to /where the option should be?

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Netanel
    Netanel Posts: 8 ✭✭

The picture I added shows the possibility of collapse and expanding groups.
    Photographed in version 12.

Please add the option in version 13 as well.e_ Collapse_expand groups feature removed..png

• John

Hi Scotty

Netanel's picture shows exactly what I was referring to

thanks

• John

That's great, Scotty, thank you.

• FrankE
    FrankE Posts: 3 ✭✭

Regarding V14:  Sorry Scotty, this isn't a very viable solution when you have a hundred or so groups.  It becomes very tedious.  When you are able to collapse all with a keystroke, it makes finding the groups much easier.  If you have to do it a hundred times, well, you can see what a problem that is. We just finally swallowed the bullet and upgraded from V10 and this is the first bitter pill we have had to swallow.

• DavisF
    DavisF Posts: 3 ✭✭

Very disappointing to see this helpful feature taken away (collapse all groups with one click).  I had selected to stay with the old interface just because of this.  Now I am forced to move to the new interface, and the feature is still missing.

If you have only a few groups, this feature may not mean much to you.  But when you have many it is a real time saver.

Thank you for adding your insight, @Scotty  but changing the design of the interface should improve things for your users, not cause them more work.  At this point, if you would allow it, I would continue to use the old interface.

Especially since you already have the code to implement it, please add this feature back.

• John

I agree with DavisF. 

I switched back to the old style interface in order to have the collapse groups menu option.

I did this based on the advice given earlier in this thread. Now they have forced us all to switch to the new interface and this menu option is no longer available.

The existence of this menu option in the first place shows that it was felt to be a useful feature by the development team.

On this thread several of us users have confirmed that it was useful to us and its absence is now a daily irritation with Teamviewer, for me at least.

Why has it been removed?

• Any updates on this? It's a daily annoyance in the Linux GUI. The whole thing is poorly designed and not intuitive at all unfortunately. I can't figure out why some of my groups are open at startup and some are closed. If it's a setting, it's buried somewhere not obvious at all.

• DavisF
    DavisF Posts: 3 ✭✭

Would someone from Teamviewer please chime in?  This thread is one and a half years old.  If this feature is not going to be put back, would you please let us know?

• x3inspire
    x3inspire Posts: 5 ✭✭

Yeah, please bring it back for Version 15.

• dstouty2002
    dstouty2002 Posts: 1

Primary reason I was opposed to the new interface was inability to collapse all.  Our engineers never collapse the groups they have worked in and it destroys my OCD

• jrinoldo
    jrinoldo Posts: 1

I agree Dave, same here! They need to bring this back!