Connecting then back to Ready to Connect

From the connect screen I enter the Partner ID which I know is correct, the remote control button is selected and I select connect.  Status light goes from Green (Ready to Connect) to Orange (Connecting) but after a while, it just goes back to Green (Ready to Connect).  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still does not work.  Yesterday it was working fine.

Using the most updated version - seen many other issues with no solutions

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,982 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mhukel,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

The issue might be on the remote side. Therefore, I recommend you to do the reinstallation on both sides of the connection.

This might solve the issue. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Ludeman
    Ludeman Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here.  It worked fine yesterday.  I didn't update anything.  I rebooted this PC, same problem.  Sounds like I'll have to make the long drive to the other PC.  Teamviewer is junk.

• FINALLY! Someone posting about this. I can NEVER create a topic because for some infuriating reason I can't guess a correct Label to put on it. Why???!!!

But back to the main point. Reinstall on remote? Doesn't the kind of defeat the purpose of... remoting in? 

I have the same issue with my elderly father's remote machine (In a senior home. Where nowadays it's difficult to reinstall). However, on another computer at home, I get the message to input the password of that other machine but no password/TV window appears on the other machine.

I suspect they're related. Any other ideas?

Reinstalling software is one of the worst solutions to a problem. It should not be needed to fix a problem.

@JeanK wrote:

Hello @mhukel,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

The issue might be on the remote side. Therefore, I recommend you to do the reinstallation on both sides of the connection.

This might solve the issue. ?

Best regards

Jean

• @Ludeman wrote:

Same problem here.  It worked fine yesterday.  I didn't update anything.  I rebooted this PC, same problem.  Sounds like I'll have to make the long drive to the other PC.  Teamviewer is junk.

Totally agree!! How is it rated so highly?! How goodi is RC software where you can't turn on the remote camera or mic? THE only reason I want RC software is so that my 94 year old father doesn't have to tocuh a thing. (Even turning on my own camera/mic is HARD because its' so small and hard to find!! Oh yeah, and I'm a software engineer, so imagine how p-poor it is.).

It's true what they say: You get what you pay for. 

• @mhukel wrote:

Using the most updated version - seen many other issues with no solutions

Any solutions to this? TV is useless until this is fixed.

PS. And why is the font in this text box so light gray I can barely see it agains a white background?

• PS. Reinstalling didn't work.

I CANNOT USE THE SOFTWARE. AND I'M STUCK WITH THIS COMMUNITY BOARD RATHER THAN THE ABILITY TO CONTACT SUPPORT AND GET IMMEDIATE HELP.

• Ludeman
    Ludeman Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I bought the license for this stuff. I'll let it expire [removed per Community Guidelines]

• memheli
    memheli Posts: 1

Has there been any progress here? I have just purchased a license and could connect for a few days, then have the same issue as stated above. My consultant, who also could connect prior to the outage, cannot connect now. This is now the case for two servers onsite. Both are on the same VM Host.

• sandj_0122
    sandj_0122 Posts: 1

This software used to be great but is pretty much worthless now