Crash in team viewer connection

Dear community,
I have an urgent problem. I have to do teleworking over TeamViewer and the connection crashes every day. Once, as soon as the connection crashed, a message appeared saying "This was a free session. sponsored by Team Viewer....". Is it possible that team viewer suspects a commerical use? Do I need a license for continuous use? What are the time limits for the free sessions? Is there anything I can do about it or another solution?
Thanks and BR,
Astrid

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @Astrid_123 

Thanks for your message.

What exactly happens when you say "crash"? Do you get an error message? What does it say? How long do your connections last? Always the same amount of time or always a different length? 

What is your setup? Hardware, OS, TeamViewer version? Both on your and the remote side?

Regarding the PopUp about the free version sponsored by TeamViewer. This message pops up after each session with no license involved. So you do not have to worry! It does not say anything about a commercial suspicion. It is just stating the fact that the session was sponsored by TeamViewer.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• What exactly happens when you say "crash"? Do you get an error message? What does it say? How long do your connections last? Always the same amount of time or always a different length? 

--> ''Crash" means the connection breaks down and it is not possible to connect any more remotely, there has to be a second person on the other end again to be able to connect to a session again. It lasts approx. 8-10 h, I cannot say if it is always the exact same amount of time but I suppose it is approx. the same amount. 

What is your setup? Hardware, OS, TeamViewer version? Both on your and the remote side?

Lenovo IdeaPadS145 running on Windows 7, on the other side I don't have PC data here but it's a much more powerful PC than this one and it's also running on Windows 7. Version 15.4 both sides.

Regarding the PopUp about the free version sponsored by TeamViewer. This message pops up after each session with no license involved. So you do not have to worry! It does not say anything about a commercial suspicion. It is just stating the fact that the session was sponsored by TeamViewer.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Astrid_123 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

OK - when the session lasts about 8-10 hours without issues, I think we are already having a good indicator that the sessions are running great until the cut-off pretty good.

As you are working on the latest TeamViewer version and you have those long sessions, I am assuming that the problem lies somewhere else.

• Is it possible, that the internet cuts after this time? Maybe it is once a day and you always get into this cut?
    • Is it possible that the TeamViewer on the remote device does not start together with the system? Is it possible, that there is an automated re-boot or similar and the system does not start TeamViewer automatically?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager