Device Authorization

The "new" device authorization is not very logical to me.

#1 Owner gets an e-mail with very vague info of what user, device, location etc. which did the request, how could possibly the owner know if the request is relevant or malicious ?
If the requester had to leave som magic string, phone number, e-mail address or something, it would make owner more comfortable

#2 Owner can see a list of authorized and active logged in devices.
This list does not include any more info for identification of user or device than mentioned above (#1). Please explain if I am wrong.
How can owner see a full list of autorized devices (assume a device is stolen, an employee quits etc.) for possibly de-authorize a device?

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Ok, so the owner in scinario 1 should be the person requesting that the device be authorized. 

On Statement./question 2 I agree that more info on the screen that shows authorized devices would be nice. (Web Management Console > Click name in upper right > Edit Profile > Active Logins) I would like to see device name, Last user (where applicable ie Windows Username), and Last IP address (ideally public and private)

It sounds to me like you have multiple people using one username/acount. This is not ideal for your scinarios. I would recommend creating seperate usernames for each person in your organization. Then have the actual owner/user of a given machine install and "own" the machine in TeamViewer. Also have them create personal passwords for the other users in your organization.

I would also recommend setting up a whitelist in your company policies. By doing this you can stop people who are not part of your organization from accessing your systems. In turn when an employee quits or is terminated, you remove them from your organization and then reguardless of if they have the TeamViewer ID and Password. They are not getting in or any info about the system. 

If you would like any info on how to impliment any part of what I have suggested, feel free to post here or send me a PM.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Eager2008
    Eager2008 Posts: 4

If each service person in our service department has its own account, how can all the persons in the service department work with a common/shared list of ID's to perform service for, i.e. Groups and Computers (in Groups) are owned by all or an admin, not by the account who entered it first ?

(B.t.w. I think this list was called "Partner List" in an earlier version ?)

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

You create a group in "Computers and Contacts" (I do this by customer usually) then you can share the group to users in your organization.

Beyond that, you can get a custom host setup with an auto asignment to a group and easy access turned on if desired. Support can help you with that.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti