Disabling Main Window Popup on remote PC after starting remote connection

TeamViewer has a built-in feature which automatically shows the main TeamViewer window on a remote target after a local PC enters the target's ID, even if it's minimized. I assume this is to make it easier for the person on the target PC to provide the password to the connecting user. This is undesirable for my use-case. Is there a way to disable this? I have gone through all settings and advanced settings and couldn't find anything to disable this behavior.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @bmx6306,

Thank you for your message. ?

Unfortunately, it is impossible, for security reasons, to disable this.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• bmx6306
    bmx6306 Posts: 3

@JeanK thanks for your response. For what security reasons exactly?

Please ignore/delete my previous response as I didn't reply directly to your post or @ you.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @bmx6306,

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the exact specific reason.

I can only tell you that this was a security-related decision.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• DaveLee77
    DaveLee77 Posts: 1
    edited October 2023

So do I understand correctly, any time I remote connect, this window is going to pop up on the screen and there is nothing that can be done about it? Is there ANY more info you can provide on this? The reason I'm curious is because I'm using this, at the moment, to test out with a laptop from home. When I go to access things it stays central and covers things being brought up on the screen. The first time I used this, the Main Window did not appear at all. I was surprised when it popped up the next time I logged in. It can't be minimized or moved. This seems to be a huge deterrent for me and the use of this service. I am new to this, so if I'm missing something, please let me know. Thank you.