Error: (3) The system cannot find the path specified

Hello. I would appreciate help on this issue. I have just started using TeamViewer, free version; I needed to transfer some files from one laptop to another.

During transfer, I got error message "Error: (3) The system cannot find the path specified"; screenshot attached.

I am pretty sure the cause of this issue is path is too long, you can see on screenshot that path takes several rows, and file itself has a long name, so it cannot be written to destination folder.

So, I have to simply skip these files. But my problem is that I cannot find way to apply that option to all files; there is no checkbox "apply to all files", or similar, like you get when, for example, copying or moving files from one folder to another. Instead, TeamViewer get stuck when finds such a file, and transfer stops untill I click "Skip" or "Cancel".

I also checked menu Extras - Options, but I cannot find the option to either skip files when whatever error occurs, or at least to continue transfer of other, unaffected files.

This way, it makes no sense - I estimated that transfer would take a couple of hours, so I left PC, and when I returned, I found out that only some 8% have been transferred, and then program waited for my input. And my input is very limited - I can choose either to skip that file, or to abort transfer altogether.

So, I need to sit in front of PC for hours and wait for error to occur, to click Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip...?! It makes no sense, if there's no option to override such a situation, it's a show stopper for me...

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue!

TeamViewer.jpg

Tagged: