Failed connection due to false claim of "old-version" and "failed internet connection"

I have updated my TeamViewer to the newest version and tried every solution (i.e., un-install and re-install, restart computer, using other apps to clean out files) that I saw in others' posts. It still fails to connect to the partner's computer. I am using a MacOS 10.15.5. Doubled-checked that the other computer is connected to the internet and TeamViewer is running fine on the other end. Could someone help me to fix this? 

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @GraceW,

Thanks for your message and welcome to our community!?

Could you kindly check the operating system and TeamViewer version on your remote device? For more information regarding this, please check out Which operating systems are supported?.

If both operating systems are under support and latest TeamViewer versions are used, please try these steps:

1. Exit TeamViewer or reboot the device
      • On Windows: Go to Connections -> Exit TeamViewer
      • On Mac: Go to TeamViewer -> Quit TeamViewer

If it still does not work, I would recommend following the below instructions.

1. Restart PC on both of device
    2. Uninstall TeamViewer from both devices. Please make sure, to also delete the reg-entries in your Windows: How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC

Download TeamViewer afterward directly from our homepage and install it on the two devices again. Do not use any old Setup.exe.

Hope this could help.

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • I have the remote system added to the account. It is showing as online. But now I can't connect to it(now it's around 15 days was not able to connect). When the connect button was clicked, it is only showing as connecting. But not even the pop up for entering the password was displayed. There is no problem with connecting to another ID using my computer. 

Please help.

• psdtv
    psdtv Posts: 1

Your problem sounds similar to mine, but I am close enough to occasionally drive over to the remote machine and reboot it, then Teamviewer connects well again. 

It is frustrating and I often know it is about to happen when my Teamviewer remote connection begins to run sluggishly. Invariably once Teamviewer begins to run sluggishly I cannot connect at all by the third subsequent login.

@puthusseri wrote:

I have the remote system added to the account. It is showing as online. But now I can't connect to it(now it's around 15 days was not able to connect). When the connect button was clicked, it is only showing as connecting. But not even the pop up for entering the password was displayed. There is no problem with connecting to another ID using my computer. 

Please help.

@puthusseri wrote:

I have the remote system added to the account. It is showing as online. But now I can't connect to it(now it's around 15 days was not able to connect). When the connect button was clicked, it is only showing as connecting. But not even the pop up for entering the password was displayed. There is no problem with connecting to another ID using my computer. 

Please help.

• Ash-y2002
    Ash-y2002 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Dear support

Hello
    I am a fan of the TeamViewer, which I have been working with this application continuously,  but today I am facing a frequent disconnection from TeamViewer that does not allow me to log in. I did not have any problem before; it seems that everything is ok with my network. Could you please let me know what the problem is and how it can be solved?

Thank you very much.

Ash-y

• Ash-y2002

Hello
    I am a fan of the TeamViewer, which I have been working with this application continuously,  but from August 25, 2020 I am facing a frequent disconnection from TeamViewer that does not allow me to log in. I did not have any problem before; it seems that everything is ok with my network.

Could you please let me know what the problem is and how it can be solved?

I sent you another letter but unfortunately I did not receive a reply.

Thank you very much.

Ash-y

• Shut down completely: Make a right-click on the TeamViewer icon in the tray menu and choose Exit TeamViewer for the times in which TeamViewer is not needed. (You just have to keep in mind to start TeamViewer again manually, when you want to make a connection.)

Best Regards:

BTS Merchandise

• Ash-y2002

Hello
     I have been working with TeamViewer for about a year,  but from August 25, 2020 I am facing a frequent disconnection from TeamViewer that does not allow me to log in. I did not have any problem before; it seems that everything is ok with my network.

Could you please let me know what the problem is and how it can be solved?

I sent you another letter but unfortunately I did not receive a reply.

Thank you very much.

Ash-y

• Fiona_G

Hi @Ash-y2002,

Thank you for your post and hope we can help with it.

Did you receive an error message and if so, what did it say?

We also recommend trying the troubleshooting in this thread.

Look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Ash-y2002

Hi Fiona

Thank you for your response. 

The error message I received is: 

"Your license limits the maximum session to a partner",

and afterwards reconnecting to the server were blocked.

So, Since, I didn't have any problem before. please let me know what would be the problem? and how could you fix this problem?

Thanks for your efforts. 

Ash-y2002

• Ash-y2002

Dear Support,
    I am a long-time partner of Team Viewer. The problem I am facing for the past three weeks is constant from teamviewer. I checked my network and it seems to be all right. Would you please let me know what may be the reason? I would appreciate if you guide me to resolve this problem.

Thank you very much.

Ash-y2002

• Fiona_G

Hi @Ash-y2002,

Thank you for your reply. This error message indicates commercial use has been detected.

For more information on why this occurs, as well as a link to the reset form, please visit this article. Our dedicated team investigates all cases individually, and thank you for your patience in this process.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Ash-y2002

Hello

I have been working with Team Weaver personally for a long time, but I am disconnected from my partner. It has been almost a month that I can't reach my remote computer. This is despite that none of them are commercial.

I appreciate if you could solve this problem for me.

Regards

Ash-y2002