File Transfer Notification Problem!

I really hope this is a bug with version 12 of Teamviewer as it is a real problem for me....

When you initiate a File Transfer the remote computer gets a "File Transfer Session" notification popup box just above the system tray which HAS to be closed manually by the end user! This is a serious problem for me as I have to send files to clients computers overnight by "file transfer" and whenever I send a file the remote computer displays this notification and it does not disappear on its own. It has to have a user close it (or me to actually login to each computer and close it) This notification is still present in the release version of Teamviewer 12 (I use the custom host but it is the same behaviour with all modules)

This is a real pain as I'm getting a lot of calls each morning from my clients asking about the notification (which is still sat there) and whether it means their system has been compromised! This notification needs to auto clear at the end of the session at the very very least!!

Anyone else feeling this?

Best Answer

Answers

• rahhal
    rahhal Posts: 3 ✭✭

I wonder if this is intentional - in case the user HAS been compromised.  I rarely transfer files to clients other than when they expect it or are on the phone with me - so this hasn't been an issue.  However, I can see how it can be an issue in your case - when you work on machines on your schedule, and they are not always notified in advance.  If this is a security measure, I think it would be helpful to identify which file has been transferred - perhaps it's buried somewhere in the log entries, I've never bothered to look.

• harrismail
    harrismail Posts: 2 ✭✭

I understand the potential need for a message to let remote users know there is or has been a file transfer it's just the fact that the popup "stays" on screen until either the user closes it themselves. If nobody touches the popup it'll just stay there until a reboot or the user shuts down or logs off...

It should (in my opinion) auto disappear at the very very least.... why does it need to stay there when all other Teamviewer dialogs disappear at the end of each remote session...

• dunn0w
    dunn0w Posts: 3 ✭✭

I also have the same problem.
    When i transfer a file, it goes ok but the Send drag and drop says im on 95% and i cannot click it away. It stays there.

I can close it if i close teamviewer, and restart it.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts!

Our development is already aware of this behavior - it is a bug in the current version. We are working on it and I will inform you, when we published a fix.

Cheers

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • cindybev
    cindybev Posts: 1

I have the same problem and I am on the latest version.

• I expierenced the problem also when using TV12 latest version and initiated a file transfer from the list of computer (not opening the desktop)

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I prefer the message to stay up.

There seems to be mixed opinions on this matter. Maybe this should be an optional setting?

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • tjsepka
    tjsepka Posts: 1

I'm running version 12.0.83369 on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro.  When I transfer a file using copy & paste (ctrl-c, ctrl-v), the transfer status popup stays open as described in other posts here.  The close "x" button at its right does nothing.  Closing Teamviewer does not clear the popup - I need to reboot my machine for it to go away.  I have too much going on with the machine to make rebooting a viable option to clear this fault.  Hopefully this will be corrected quickly.

• I found a way to close them:

Move your mouse over the teamviewer icon on the taskbar, multiple small transfer window will pop up, here you can close them by click X upper-right the mini window 

• Vaccin
    Vaccin Posts: 1

These bug is still present in V15.13.6 and also these new version have graphic problem they don't show up desktop we have to wait more thant 2 minutes and sometime we have to disconnect and reconnect to be able to see remote descktop

• crash0r
    crash0r Posts: 1
    edited April 2023

As of 2021, the problem STILL PERSISTS!

It is annoying as **bleep** and sad that it takes now more than 3 years for Teamviewer to fix a small bug like this...

• mrnaturl
    mrnaturl Posts: 1

2023 and still seems like this isn't resolved.

For the money they charge for this product we should get better results.