Forgot permanent password

Hi!
What should and can I do when I have forgotten my permanent password..?!?
(Can’t access to preferences/options)

Many thanks..

Answers

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Accusatorial,

Could you say to me wich password you forgot (in a screenshot or something). When you have the screenshot add it in your next post on this article so i can review it and maybe come with an solution.

Thank you for using teamviewer

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Hi there!

here is the screenshot:
    SS.jpg

• iainwels

Hello Accusatorial,

Ohh it is you authentication password... You need to contact the teamviewer support on the phone! Or a moderator on this forum. I am just a costumer..

I hope this helps

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • iainwels

Hello Accusatorial,

I am so sorry i've been on the wrong end! You need to reïnstall your client with the "Remove all settings" box checked. If you don't know how to do that, here is an quick guide!

1. Go to your control panel. 2. Go to delete application (Roughly translated from dutch). 3. Click on the teamviewer client in the list. 5. Click one time next. 6. Tap on the box that says "Delete my settings". 7. Click on delete1. Go to your control panel. 2. Go to delete application (Roughly translated from dutch). 3. Click on the teamviewer client in the list. 5. Click one time next. 6. Tap on the box that says "Delete my settings". 7. Click on delete

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • sfalk
    sfalk Posts: 3

I too have this problem, but on a Mac.  My parents were a victim of a scam and gave out their teamviewer ID and password over the phone.   We believe the scammer installed his own password on Teamviewer, so we aren't able to access the preferences/options page to uninstall.

Somehow they were able to delete the program from applications, but everytime they reinstall, it loads the password to restrict the preferences area. 

At this point they are keeping their computer off for security.  Is there an option other than to reformat the HD?

Please understand I am working remotely here as I use TeamViewer to assist my aging parents with their computer from a distance. 

Thanks.

• sfalk

Just finished doing this.  (painful walking my dad through it from a distance).  He reinstalled TV, and same thing.  Password protected preferences. 

Found some items in REMAINS section of App Cleaner and removed these sucessfully, nothing in APPLICATIONS, and one thing in EXTENSIONS / LAUNCH AGENTS (TeamViewer.dmg file) but could not remove and didn't think important since it's the downloaded file from the website.   Then reinstalled TV from the downloaded .dmg file and still password protected.

Any other thoughts?

• sfalk

Went further.  Took the computer back to Geek Squad.  They supposidly wiped everything, and reinstalled iOS.  Walked them through a fresh download and reinstall of TV and STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!!.  Asking for a password to access options.  WHY???

What are we doing wrong?  Thoughts?

• I too am having this issue on a Mac. Can't figure out how to fix password setting for TeamViewer Preferences. Any help would be appreciated.

• Bamboo
    Bamboo Posts: 1

I had the same problem and this did solve my problem

• okanyucel
    okanyucel Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, I have tried this solution. But the option (Delete my settings) was not showed up . So when I click uninstall it directly starts uninstalling.

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks