Grant Easy Access Greyed Out - Unable to select

norm1206
norm1206 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This problem has only just started.

Teamviewer always started on bootup. This no longer happens. 

I cannot click the Grant Easy Access checkbox. I am running with Admin Rights and have set up TV to always run with Admin Access.

I have unisnatleed and reinstalled but stil cannot get TV to start on bootup

Thanks

Norm

Comments

• sfs2017
    sfs2017 Posts: 3

This is happening to me as well.  Very frustrating and I can't seem to find a solution.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  It worked fine and then "poof" it happened again.   Oddly, its not hapenning to all my PC's just one. 

If anyone knows how to fix this, please advise!

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Is your computer assigned to an account?

If your ID is not assigned to an account, then you can't grant easy access. The option will be grey. Maybe something changed in the account rather than on your computer.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • sfs2017
    sfs2017 Posts: 3

It is, I called support today.  They too had not seen the problem before and checked everything.  Sent me to a tier II tech.   It has happened to me twice on three of my 35 PC's I support at this point.  The only solution at this point is an uninstall/reinstall.  This time we clean registry and I am hoping that it won't happen again but at this point atleast I have a documented call into support when it does.

• norm1206
    norm1206 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I tried reinstall, including clearing registry. Looked like it had worked but same problem is back. and Teamviewer will not start on bootup. 

• Jarb
    Jarb Posts: 1

I also had this problem on Ubuntu. I haven't directly solved it but it seems if you sign into Teamviewer in your browser and manually add a computer (using the ID on your PC in question) it seems to do the job.

• MrGorgis
    MrGorgis Posts: 1

Im having the same problem now all of a sudden, first the program wouldnt start on start up. now it does but there is no easy access. its grayed out and i cant check the box. someone please help!!!!!

• Dtra0627h
    Dtra0627h Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am a registered and annually subscribed user - legit since 2016

Error:

Can not grant access - even after confirmation email and added to trust

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator

Hello @MrGorgis and @Dtra0627h ,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🎉

I checked the case with our support team, and there was an issue currently going on with the account assignment, but the issue has been resolved today.

👉 Could you please try to restart TeamViewer services?

Also, if TeamViewer is not updated, please make sure to update it as well.

Let me know if the issue persist, or if you have further questions. 🙋‍♀️🌷

Best,

Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Techflash
    Techflash Posts: 1

I am a registered user. When I try to click on the "Assign to account" button, it says: "You can only assign this device to your account if you have administrative rights and TeamViewer is installed." Of course TeamViewer is installed. And I tried running it with admin rights. I tried restarting my computer, no matter what, it still gives the same error message.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator

Hello @MrGorgis@Techflash

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 😀

👉 You may consider uninstalling TeamViewer with the option to remove all custom settings and then install it again using the admin user.

This should be enough to fix the issue.

Let us know if you have any further questions 😊

Best,

Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator